RIP Fink

IANdrewDiceClay

6 hours ago, Supremo said:

I hate that Survivor Series clip because for as much as it clearly means to him the commentators still have to spend the entire time taking the piss. You’d hope in death he finally gets the respect he deserved. The voice of millions of childhoods. They’ve never had anyone else even come close.

This clip?

I bloody hated Michael Cole during his Heel Announcer faze but this... this you can tell is Vince in his ear, right arm all the way in there, working Cole like a goddamn hand puppet.

FUCK YOU VINCE!

On a positive note.

My favourite memory of this insanely talented man was him announcing the result of Roddy Pipers challenge to The Mounties IC title. The finish was not clear whether there had been a disqualification or not.

The crowd go fucking mental when The Fink says "The winner of the bout .....(beautiful pause)..... and NEW".

1 hour ago, Hugh Thesz said:

On a positive note.

My favourite memory of this insanely talented man was him announcing the result of Roddy Pipers challenge to The Mounties IC title. The finish was not clear whether there had been a disqualification or not.

The crowd go fucking mental when The Fink says "The winner of the bout .....(beautiful pause)..... and NEW".

• Paid Members

That is a great moment. Despite Fink being so good at "AND NEEEEEWWWW" (and indeed "AND STIIIILLLL") the nature of pro wrestling finishes meant that he didn't get quite as many chances to do it in a really suspenseful moment like a boxing announcer might.

Quite a few people mentioning Fink impressions, glad I'm not the only one... Anyone brave enough to record theirs and post it, might bring a bit of levity at the current time? Mine would be audio only as I'm a proper scruffy bastard right now, I'd also have to wait for the wife to leave the flat for fear of being sectioned (she works in mental health).

• Paid Members

He'll probably always be the standard other ring announcers are judged by in wrestling. It says a great deal about his abilities that no one has even got slightly close.

Something I guess I've taken for granted is how vivid his voice is in my head. Reading all these quotes and it takes you back to so many great moments.

Tommy Dreamer posted this photo of him with Fink

35ps8b986bt41.jpg

The sign on the door in the background is an absolute killer. He still loved the biz regardless of how they treated him in the later years.

If you can't see it properly, it reads "Please put Channel 43 on at 8pm on Monday Nights. Wrestling is on. Thanks"

• Paid Members

In any other sport, the greatest announcer of all time introducing the most popular new star in the world's most famous arenaâ„¢ would be repeated until the end of time as one of the proudest and classiest moments in the history of the sport.

In wrestling, though it's just "lol fat cunt." What exactly is funny anyway? The whole arena is going mad for him. An arena he's MC'd in since the early 70s. And they are desperate to make a cunt out of him. Horrendous.