RIP Fink

IANdrewDiceClay

• Awards Moderator

Just to echo everyone else, without question the voice of my childhood. The voice of WWF. 

"AND ONCE AGAIN, WORLD WRESTLING HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!" 

Two Fink Facts: he was salaried employee # 1, and came up with the phrase "WrestleMania". 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

FB_IMG_1587063534703.jpg

Fucking hell. What a guy. 

The volume of people saying what a good guy he was really stands out in such a cutthroat industry. Even Shieky is saying what a top guy he was. 

Best of all time. 🙁

• Paid Members

Nice to see some of the current generation weren't bullying cunts to him.

Always loved his incredible voice. "and Newwwwwwwwwwwww..." always gives me the shivers when I watch old clips. I would have kept him on TV till he wanted to retire.

• Paid Members

Really sorry he's passed. He was the best. The most under-rated part of the whole WWF explosion. He he was perfect for the role, he made the wrestlers look like giants, he didn't try and outshine anyone but he stood out anyway. Just truly outstanding and, unlike most, seemed to be a fantastic fella.

RIP Finkus Maximus.

Only heard he was ill last week when on talk’n shop Luke Gallows wouldn’t do his usual impression out of respect, and they said they where privileged that he had asked to see them recently. Must have had an idea he was nearly gone. Everyone has had that moment we have added our name to his announcement picturing being the new champion. Thank you Fink 

• Paid Members

Not much that I can add other than to echo the sentiments that he was THE voice of my childhood. 

Ways in which wrestling crossed over into real life? Before we went onstage on tour we'd either have a sympathetic sound guy or one of the band introduce us in the best FINK voice we could muster. 

Simple things that'll never come around again. 

RIP x