RIP Fink

IANdrewDiceClay

Oh fuck off 2020 now seriously. I’m absolutely gutted at this, Fink was THE voice of a generation, arguably more so that Monsoon, Heenan, Ventura, JR or any other commentator/announcer. That he got relegated to just doing the HoF procession at Manias or Legends segments for anniversary/old school episodes of Raw and early episodes of NXT was a disgrace to his legacy. Garcia, Chimmel, Roberts, JoJo, Hamilton, Rome and the like don’t and never will hold a candle to Fink

• Paid Members

Oh shit, that's gutting.

Only just heard the sad news, but its hit me more than most wrestlers' deaths. 

THE ring announcer, no one else even comes close. Seemed like such a lovely bloke who had so many hats, always jovial despite being the butt of McMahon's 'jokes'.

EDIT - So much nostalgia listening to the Fink explaining the Royal Rumble rules

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

Never saw this when it happened. It's class.

This was amazing when it happened. Such a huge loss to the wrestling world. 

Had the pleasure of meeting him once and he was every bit as gentlemanly and friendly as I would have expected. Genuinely one of my favourite experiences with anyone related to wrestling. Possibly even near the top with the likes of Regal and Edge.

That video of him with Punk - that's how he came across in 'real life'. A humble guy that genuinely loved being in front of fans.

A great loss to many, especially those of us who grew up with his voice leading us through the years.