RIP Fink

IANdrewDiceClay

That fucking sucks. I only started watching wrestling in the Chimel/Lilian Garcia era, but Fink is still the ring announcer in my mind. Any time I want to imitate introducing a wrestler, it will never not be in his voice. Real shame they didn't make more use of him these last few years. As far as I know, there's no good reason why he shouldn't have been at the last few Manias to introduce one of the old lad's matches. RIP.

Edited by sj5522

Absolutely dumbstruck. The greatest ring announcer of all time, without question. Seemed like a such a lovely fella aswell. What a voice. Been going through 2011 PPVs and got to Punk vs Del Rio earlier today and got goosebumps when Fink came out to do Punk's intro. I think there's only him and Heenan that give me that same feeling. Gutted.

• Paid Members

This one is a bit  of a gutpunch. The Fink was one of the voices of my childhood. His announcements and introductions were the stuff of legend. Clearly the best ever, and someone who is sorely missed. RIP Fink

Edited by mim731

• Paid Members

I was about to write that it was some consolation that he made it to a ripe old age but then I've seen that he was born in 1950 and hadn't yet hit 70. I would never have guessed that the Fink most of us grew up with was in his thirties and early years of his forties.

What a delivery he had. And he was loyal to a fault. I'm glad he got to announce himself as NOOOO-EST MEMBER OF THE HALL OF FAME because it clearly meant the world to him.

• Paid Members

One of the main voices of my childhood and the best ring announcer ever. Even when I was kid messing around playing wrestling with my brother we'd try to imitate his voice as we were making our "entrances". His voice was simply iconic and he'll never be topped at what he did.

Ladies and gentlemen, it is NOOOOW time for the ROOOYAAAAAAL RUUUUUUUMBLE MATCH!"

"Here is your winner and NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWW World Wrestling Federation Champion...."

Thank you Fink x 

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

I was about to write that it was some consolation that he made it to a ripe old age but then I've seen that he was born in 1950 and hadn't yet hit 70. I would never have guessed that the Fink most of us grew up with was in his thirties and early years of his forties.

He was 42 when they let him go which is mental.

• Awards Moderator

I'm dumbstruck. There's never been, nor will there be, anyone better. Wrestling had gravitas when it was announced by the Fink. The Royal Rumble rules became an exciting part of the build-up to that match, you knew the World Wrestling Federation Champion was the best because of how that accolade was announced, you popped not just for a victory in a title match but a second time for the announcement of the NEW champion, and you believed the Hall of Fame and the WrestleMania attendances were legit because it came from him. Gutted. RIP Fink.

• Paid Members

Does anyone know why he was in a wheelchair? I know it’s not that unusual for someone to have difficulty getting about in their late 60s but I never knew he was using a wheelchair until I just saw this picture of him with Danny Dyer. 

397D95FD-7DD2-44BA-8125-47E93DE2751B.jpeg