Florida deems professional wrestling ‘essential’

SuperstarNeilC

9 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Oh fuck off with that. If you can afford to keep someone employed during a time of crisis, general humanity should insist that you do. 

I don’t know whether you’re being deliberately contrarian or not but the circumstances we’re in mean it’s more important than ever to look out for others.

Fair play on shouting down the div kid, but I think you’re over-egging it a bit. These performers who were sacked were making as much money as a lot of CEOs do, and they may still be paid at that rate for the next three months.

It’s very sad from the perspective that they’ve been dreaming of being WWE superstars since they were kids, but let’s not forget that they’re rich and this isn’t going to put their lives at risk. They’re not really in the same boat as someone on the breadline losing their cleaning job and not being able to afford their next rent payment or to feed their kids. Erick Rowan and co aren’t going to be queuing up at the food bank the way that people laid off from normal, dead-end jobs (like the WWE office employees) might need to.

• Paid Members

I imagine in Chioda's case it's sadly just working the numbers. After that long with the company, he's likely the highest paid referee they've got, so I suspect they figured they'd cut him and have a lesser paid ref do more work.

34 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Fair play on shouting down the div kid, but I think you’re over-egging it a bit. These performers who were sacked were making as much money as a lot of CEOs do, and they may still be paid at that rate for the next three months.

It’s very sad from the perspective that they’ve been dreaming of being WWE superstars since they were kids, but let’s not forget that they’re rich and this isn’t going to put their lives at risk. They’re not really in the same boat as someone on the breadline losing their cleaning job and not being able to afford their next rent payment or to feed their kids. Erick Rowan and co aren’t going to be queuing up at the food bank the way that people laid off from normal, dead-end jobs (like the WWE office employees) might need to.

I believe mike and Maria were taking home a million a year between them. For doing nothing. Absolutely nothing. 

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

I believe mike and Maria were taking home a million a year between them. For doing nothing. Absolutely nothing. 

I have nothing but respect for the pair of them. They manged to bag a full time job, and paid maternity leave for 2 kids while not actually having to work and got a $1million for it. They got a win over Vince. How many people can say that? 

• Moderators

"I believe mike and Maria were taking home a million a year between them. For doing nothing. Absolutely nothing. 

More than you are, to be fair.

Mike wanted to leave ages ago. And if they got that money off McMahon fair fucks to them. 

Edited by PowerButchi

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Drake was willing to film a vignette at his actual, real-life wedding and it was one of the best things the company did all year. He’s the best.

Sure, it was entertaining and he puts his all into everything and trying to make anything work, which is admirable. But, lets not act like if someone we didn't like decided to film a vignette at their actual real-life wedding the response wouldn't be along the lines of 'get a grip, it's your actual wedding, it's only wrestling!' or similar.

I'm not sure if Spud's crying from losing his dream job or the realisation of how his lifelong dream job handles situations like this.

He's obviously not going to criticise his employer. But why bother posting a pointless video at all then if you have to tiptoe around the fact that said employer have acted like scumbags? Just post nothing at all instead. 

I don't understand the yoof I suppose!