Florida deems professional wrestling ‘essential’

SuperstarNeilC

59 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

I haven’t seen anyone talk about those four names anywhere in terms of being released. 

Could see it happening though. 

To be fair, I've not seen this mentioned since I saw it. Perhaps someone went trigger happy, (and therefore I did too!). But yeah, certainly names that won t surprise me.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Odds on NXT UK being gone by the morning?

Said this a few pages back and with the NXT releases already starting, I really see this being a thing. 

They'll chuck in Superstars or something in its slot. Something they can again film in the centre. 

Usually this would completely spice up the wrestling scene. Just there's no scene at the moment. Absolutely nobody is looking at bringing in incoming talent, and when we're through all this who knows what the scene will even look like? I'm seeing twitter dafties fantasy booking all the releases, but my question is how many of these people will be able to pick up their careers at all? With an extremely small list of promotions you could deem to be "safe" at this time, even if we get past the epidemic in say 3 months, those promotions will only have so much space on their rosters. Other promotions that survive won't want to splash out so much, certainly not straight away. A name established enough as Rusev should be alright, but you only need to see Drake Maverick's twitter video to get the strong feeling that people like him, No Way Jose and whoever could come from this NXT batch seem pretty fucked.

• Paid Members

I'm seeing a lot of social media activity along the lines of refusing to support this company any more and it being the straw that broke the camel's back.

How many of these will be sucked back in with a soppy WWE 24 Documentary along the lines of redemption and yet another "coming home" story, remains to be seen.

• Paid Members

That’s the shittiest part. Six months ago, half the names released would probably be glad to hear the news, with free agency in pro-wrestling being better than it had been in decades.

To do it now though, when there’s fuck all for anyone, when some of these fuckers flew across the country during a pandemic to do your live show hours earlier? And when you’ve only recently announced you’ve got half a billion in cash reserves? Horrendous.

I know nothing will ever spark a union, but fucking hell. Imagine agreeing to do these live shows after this. Imagine the atmosphere backstage at the Performance Centre.

Edited by Supremo