Florida deems professional wrestling ‘essential’

SuperstarNeilC

WWE having to cut their cloth during this pandemic like every other business and industry. I lost my job last week but we'll all bounce back. Helluva talent on that list today, there will be plenty work out there for them when this is all over.

Staying healthy is the most important thing with so many people dying so t's McMahon's decision to keep doing live shows that stinks the most. And if it's a underhand deal with Trump that's managed to secure this than it's even more awful.

The quality of the product has been on the decline so long this would've been a great time to press the reset button. Get everyone home and safe, get the writers writing like they've never wrote before and just show classic matches on their weekly tv shows propped by promo's wrestlers have sent in from home as their own creative juices run wild.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Winston said:

WWE having to cut their cloth during this pandemic like every other business and industry.

They announced $500m reserves, and have deferred construction of a new HQ for six months.

Edited by seph

47 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Yeah, because they wanted to be released. Now Drake Maverick is fucking crying, nobody wanted that 

I'm going to get a lot of hate for this but... Fuck Spud! He walked out on TNA right after they sorted out his work visa.

22 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

A name established enough as Rusev should be alright, but you only need to see Drake Maverick's twitter video to get the strong feeling that people like him, No Way Jose and whoever could come from this NXT batch seem pretty fucked.

Assuming that it’s even still going to be possible making a living in wrestling outside WWE in future, Maverick should be fine in terms of prospects - in a wrestling landscape full of moveset bores, he’s incredibly charismatic and entertaining and always puts 100% effort in. His 24/7 run has cemented him as brilliant value for AEW, NWA or any wrestling promotion with a TV or streaming show. Manager, General Manager, wrestler, valet, any onscreen role he’s given he’d knock out of the park.

But it’s heartbreaking because you can see how much he’s loved being in the big leagues, being part of the wrestling company. And it’s shitty because the dedication he’s shown, how much he’s  gone above and beyond every step of the way. I’d be very surprised if he’s not back there within the next couple of years at the latest.

9 minutes ago, Winston said:

WWE having to cut their cloth during this pandemic like every other business and industry. I lost my job last week but we'll all bounce back. Helluva talent on that list today, there will be plenty work out there for them when this is all over.

Staying healthy is the most important thing with so many people dying so t's McMahon's decision to keep doing live shows that stinks the most. And if it's a underhand deal with Trump that's managed to secure this than it's even more awful.

The quality of the product has been on the decline so long this would've been a great time to press the reset button. Get everyone home and safe, get the writers writing like they've never wrote before and just show classic matches on their weekly tv shows propped by promo's wrestlers have sent in from home as their own creative juices run wild.

Is this a pisstake? What's happening?

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, 5pints said:

I'm going to get a lot of hate for this but... Fuck Spud! He walked out on TNA right after they sorted out his work visa.

That was a poor show in itself, but not sure that justifies being happy to see a bloke so upset over losing his job though. TNA was a total shitshow when he left, I can't really blame anyone for jumping ship at the time. He'd been demoted to being a ring announcer and was served with a pay cut.

He probably worked for fuck all for a portion of his time there anyway.

As I said in another thread though, this whole situation may well end up having less of an impact on Impact (boom boom) than most companies, given how little it depends on ticket sales and PPV buys.

Edited by garynysmon

3 minutes ago, 5pints said:

He's a bitch crying on twitter I'm not Knocking him for crying or being upset the dude lost he's job after all..just don't do it on twitter and post a video fucking mark

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, kidzero said:

He's a bitch crying on twitter I'm not Knocking him for crying or being upset the dude lost he's job after all..just don't do it on twitter and post a video fucking mark

I'm very glad he did because it puts a proper human face to utter cuntness of that fucking company.

4 minutes ago, kidzero said:

10 minutes ago, 5pints said:

Right sympathetic pair aren't you. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, DEF said:

I'm very glad he did because it puts a proper human face to utter cuntness of that fucking company.

I'm usually the first to roll my eyes at those who take wrestling too seriously or kiss the WWE's arse too much. But emotions are going to run high during uncertain times, not least living in a foreign country and not knowing where the next pay cheque is coming from. Its perfectly understandable in my book.