Florida deems professional wrestling ‘essential’

SuperstarNeilC

2 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

I'm seeing it the second way, this is a chance for those indy guys to do shows with market names that will bump up attendances for some of those more "ex WWE appearance" shows and rise their own stock. Now that WWE is letting the tiniest bit of the market loose, it could be good business for the indy scene again. 

Hopefully that'll be the case.

alot of the guys had outstayed there welcome or had nothing new to add to the product but could freshen up wwe, aew and njpw rosters which all could do with new blood

Just now, Chris B said:

Of all the people so far, I'm sad to see Drake Maverick go, because he clearly loved it - but he's going to do really well out there. Selfishly, he's the one I want to see most in AEW.

Is also one of the only few that I think AEW should hire (along with Lio and maybe Sarah Logan - their women's division needs some help and bolstering).

2 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Logan going makes me think Vikings could be gone too? 

There has to be some logic to the firings, have people been asked to take a pay cut or defer payments? If someone is released do they pay the entire remainder of their contract or a sum? 

If they’re released under a 90 day no-compete, they should be paid for the next 90 days. But for some of them, they might not be due any money in that time anyway because there’s been no touring for the last month.

Just now, Grecian said:

I wonder if the producers are being put on furlough, rather than fired? Any definite confirmation either way? 

According to the report on the Observer website, some have been furloughed, some have been fired, although it doesn't specify who.

Billy Kidman gone too (I don't recall seeing his name mentioned yet).