Sign in to follow this  
SuperstarNeilC

Florida deems professional wrestling ‘essential’

Jesus, I forgot how horrible that shite was. I'm sure if any of those 15 year employees refused to participate, they'd be 'standing up' in the dole office fairly sharpish.

The company's furloughing staff now. Major cuts on the way too apparently.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/135612/wwe-press-release-on-cutbacks-in-face-of-covid19-pandemic.html?p=1

Strikes you as wanting to have their cake and eating it doesn't it? We slate Premier League football teams, who are on a forced suspension, for trying the same trick yet this lot is continuing with shows and cutting staff pay.

Edited by garynysmon

I heard earlier there was a big update coming regarding WWE business and when I read the words "and its effect has on the staff and performers" I immediately thought "well, this isnt going to be good news."

They presumably lost their arse on Mania and the XFL has pissed away whatever Vince invested in it (again). It's not really a surprise.

It's as shit as PL clubs though. Owner sat on hundreds of millions, if not more, putting employees on furlough or worse. 

Apparently staff to be told via text message their fate.

Vince has obviously been watching Love Island.

Kinda makes the way Bischoff fired Austin look professional.

25 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

They presumably lost their arse on Mania and the XFL has pissed away whatever Vince invested in it (again). It's not really a surprise.

It's as shit as PL clubs though. Owner sat on hundreds of millions, if not more, putting employees on furlough or worse. 

Correct if I'm wrong but furlough in the US basically means unpaid leave.  I don't think the US government are guaranteeing a percentage of wages are they?

WWE has come to terms on the release of Drake Maverick (James Curtin), Curt Hawkins(Brian Myers), Karl Anderson (Chad Allegra), EC3 (Michael Hutter) and Lio Rush(Lionel Green). We wish them all the best in their future endeavors.

As per WWE.com. Strange ones there. Hawkins not Ryder and Anderson but not Gallows. 

42 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

the XFL has pissed away whatever Vince invested in it (again).

It was in the black by some considerable length. It's dead due to bad luck.

6 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

WWE has come to terms on the release of Drake Maverick (James Curtin), Curt Hawkins(Brian Myers), Karl Anderson (Chad Allegra), EC3 (Michael Hutter) and Lio Rush(Lionel Green). We wish them all the best in their future endeavors.

As per WWE.com. Strange ones there. Hawkins not Ryder and Anderson but not Gallows. 

Gallows has been added

6 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

WWE.com confirmed Gallows too.

Would love Eric Young and EC3 back in Impact for sentimental reasons, but AEW is going to snap pretty much all of these up.