Disney Plus

Weezenal

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, waters44 said:

I’m sure you’re all aware of this, but for the benefit of any other technophobes out there I’ve just noticed that a load of the films have an “extras” section. These extras can range from trailers, to gag reels, to deleted scenes and even full blown documentaries.

There’s also some films with audio commentaries, including The Last Jedi commentary with Rian Johnson that I’m looking forward to watching 

I wasnt aware, embarrassingly so thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Artemis Fowl sure leaves up to its name. Nonsensical tripe which had CGI which reminds me of Battlefield Earth.

Outside of The Mandalorian and Prop Culture, the only original content stuff I’ve really enjoyed has been the Short Circuit and Pixar SparksShorts set of short stories. Some nice stuff in there.

Being in lockdown up until 3 weeks ago helped me progress nicely on my Disney Afternoon block, completed both Rescue Rangers (which had one long 60+ episode series) and Gummi Bears (which had six mostly short seasons), the two fan canon seasons of Gargoyles (just have the 13 episode Goliath Chronicles season to watch) and the first season of Ducktales (also 60+ episodes long) but still have about 15 episodes of Darkwing Duck's first season to watch as that was closer to 80 episodes long

Some observations on each

Rescue Rangers - Chip's voice really, really starts to gate on you after the first 30 episodes, they over rely on using Fat Cat and the scientist as villains of the week near the end of the run

Gummi Bears - Gusto steals the show whenever he shows up, Sunni gets too whiny and needy especially when she's with Calla and Gruffi is a cunt

Gargoyles - Goliath is still an utter badass of a character, Broadway was my favorite side character when I was younger cos of how loveable he is, especially with Eliza but on second viewing that's now Brooklyn, especially in that one episode where Goliath, Eliza and Bronx are on the 'world tour' and he steps up as leader

Darkwing Duck - Launchpad works so much better as a sidekick in this show than he did as Scrooge's pilot on Ducktales, Quackerjack is my favorite villain, Honker's parents are really annoying

Ducktales - Still my all time favorite Disney cartoon, still don't understand what the big deal with the number 1 dime and why Magica craves it so much, anytime Donald makes a cameo is a fun episode, bracing myself for season two and the introduction of Bubba Duck, the Scrappy Doo of the show

22 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Artemis Fowl sure leaves up to its name. Nonsensical tripe which had CGI which reminds me of Battlefield Earth.

Outside of The Mandalorian and Prop Culture, the only original content stuff I’ve really enjoyed has been the Short Circuit and Pixar SparksShorts set of short stories. Some nice stuff in there.

I read the first 4 or 5 Artemis Fowl books years ago, basically as a protest to people telling me that I HAD to read Harry Potter. They're really good books and the first one especially, should be the easiest thing in the world to make into a movie.

It's basically Die Hard with faeries told from the perspective of Hans Gruber, if Hans Gruber was 10.

I've refused to watch the film on account of them basically abandoning the central premise of Artemis being a child supervillain, and it looking fucking shite.

Edited by BrodyGraham

3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

The Frozen 2 documentary stuff is fucking fantastic. You don't even need to be a fan of the film. The access they get is incredible.

Yeah, I watched a couple of episodes of this. I think I preferred the 'Gallery: Mandalorian', format of production footage/round table discussion, but yeah that access is incredible.

• Awards Moderator
7 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

Yeah, I watched a couple of episodes of this. I think I preferred the 'Gallery: Mandalorian', format of production footage/round table discussion, but yeah that access is incredible.

I’ve struggled with the Gallery: Mandalorian stuff ... there’s a strong self-congratulatory feeling in the round table stuff, and the acting one seemed to just devolve into them all telling each other how great they are, which I didn’t find especially illuminating. Dave Filoni’s defence of the prequels in the second episode was wonderful though.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

That Hamilton is pretty bloody good.  Some absolute bangers as the young folks would say these days.

I watched it before work this morning. So pleased to finally be able to put the music to the acting.

Some on twitter have been up in arms because apparently Disney have two instances of the word “fuck” from the show.

I’m going to give it a watch tomorrow. I’m not overly familiar with the show itself and the way it seemingly has to be referred to as being a “hip-hop musical” as opposed to just “musical” is a bit grating, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t at least intrigued

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Some on twitter have been up in arms because apparently Disney have two instances of the word “fuck” from the show.

I’m going to give it a watch tomorrow. I’m not overly familiar with the show itself and the way it seemingly has to be referred to as being a “hip-hop musical” as opposed to just “musical” is a bit grating, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t at least intrigued

They omitted two of the fucks, keeping one intact. Though I can't say they were particularly obvious. Though it's not Disney's fault. PG-13 means only one F-Bomb in a film. Violence and gore is less of an issue in PG13 movies than naughty words, Americans are weird. still, prick and shit were both featured