Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Can anyone get a vaccine booked now or are you lot all on the vulnerable lists?

I'm classed as a carer because my kids are autistic and I'm a single parent. You and your lonely lung should get a text soon.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Can anyone get a vaccine booked now or are you lot all on the vulnerable lists?

I'm asthmatic. I get the flu jab every year so I'm guessing that's why they're offering it to me now. Obviously I'll still be wearing a mask and socially distancing for a while longer, but it feels like the first step towards being able to hug my parents again. 

• Paid Members

I'm a religious leader and some am allowed to book in a vaccine. I'm torn, to be honest. There's an element of getting it all done, but I'm also aware that I'm not supposed to act any differently if I get vaccinated and knowing that I'm not vulnerable that makes me think I'm best to wait. Maybe hospitals will let me in to comfort dying friends if I have it done? I don't know..

• Awards Moderator
46 minutes ago, Duke said:

I'm a religious leader and some am allowed to book in a vaccine. I'm torn, to be honest. There's an element of getting it all done, but I'm also aware that I'm not supposed to act any differently if I get vaccinated and knowing that I'm not vulnerable that makes me think I'm best to wait. Maybe hospitals will let me in to comfort dying friends if I have it done? I don't know..

I’d say if you have the opportunity to book it in, do so. Even if your day to day doesn’t change much there must be a peace of mind element to having had it.

• Paid Members

I got a call from GP on Friday asking if I was free to pop in 30 minutes from  now as they had a cancelled appt. No idea why they contacted me as I don't qualify in any manner as vulnerable etc  weird call. My wife wondered if they just picked at random or CHI number as I know numerically I would one of the first people on the list. 

• Paid Members
Just now, johnnyboy said:

Do you live really close to the surgery?  When they get near the end of a batch they have been offering it to randoms to save putting doses in the bin.

Fairly close actually. That might be a good shout. I've already had mine through work  so didn't need it but would happily of utilised it. I was speaking to a practice nurse a few weeks ago and she says often she had enough overage in a vial she can get an extra dose out so I wonder if its that as well.