Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, David said:

If people are sensible and use their common sense then we'll be fine for the most part.Ā 

People won't use common sense. You dont have to look at responses to the ongoing situation which have been well documented, you only have to look at something Ā like Black Friday where people will fight over 10 quid off a 50 inch TV.Ā 

Shoot them.

A couple in the lads play group just got back from Barcelona yesterday and brought theirĀ son in today. Unfortunately my other half only noticed this on the pick up. It's his last day for a while.

There seem's to be a clear divide at the moment between hysterical fannies and people in denial. There's a viral message doing the rounds that it's all a conspiracy outting Tom Hanks as a nonce amongst other ridiculous things and it's being shared in sincerity by more than one halfwit.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

People won't use common sense. You dont have to look at responses to the ongoing situation which have been well documented, you only have to look at something Ā like Black Friday where people will fight over 10 quid off a 50 inch TV.Ā 

So while im busy trying to get work to agree to let me take time off. TheĀ type 1 diabetic and the lady who is pregnant are seemingly both in work. Even tho one of our staff is now self isolating with symptoms. One of them is planning to visit spoons after work.Ā Ā 

1 minute ago, quote the raven said:

France is fining people 130 euros? If they carry on then i guess yeah they face arrest. Is that right? probably not. Is it last choice to save people from themselves? probably.

Right, so the idea is to fine a population that's already losing wages and jobs? Makes sense. Especially when those break the lockdown rules will probably not be the well-off types who have a garage full of bog roll and paracetamol.Ā 

also, If we're arresting them, it won't be long before our already overcrowded prisons are overflowing.

If that happens we could always move those who infringe the lockdown laws to camps, I guess.Ā 

Just now, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

People won't use common sense. You dont have to look at responses to the ongoing situation which have been well documented, you only have to look at something Ā like Black Friday where people will fight over 10 quid off a 50 inch TV.

Again, the line of thinking that goes "the people are dumb, they can'tĀ think for themselves, they need a firm hand and told what to do" is a dangerous road to go down.

1 minute ago, Mr_Danger said:

Shoot them.

A couple in the lads play group just got back from Barcelona yesterday and brought theirĀ son in today. Unfortunately my other half only noticed this on the pick up. It's his last day for a while.

So wait, you're saying that you could be infected now? Maybe we should shoot you while we're at it, in case you infect anyone else?

11 minutes ago, David said:

Right, so the idea is to fine a population that's already losing wages and jobs? Makes sense. Especially when those break the lockdown rules will probably not be the well-off types who have a garage full of bog roll and paracetamol.Ā 

also, If we're arresting them, it won't be long before our already overcrowded prisons are overflowing.

If that happens we could always move those who infringe the lockdown laws to camps, I guess.Ā 

Again, the line of thinking that goes "the people are dumb, they can'tĀ think for themselves, they need a firm hand and told what to do" is a dangerous road to go down.

So wait, you're saying that you could be infected now? Maybe we should shoot you while we're at it, in case you infect anyone else?

Not been home yet so I'm clean, probably sneak back for my ps4 later and hide at me mum's until this all blows over.

4 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Think he was joking, mate.

So was I. Of courseĀ ?

2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

And this time, he's got a massive hard on for the prime minister.

Not really, I just don't back any moves that would see the government attempt to ban people from going about their daily lives. It would open us up to much worse problems, such as how those bans are enforced.

The truth is, they couldn't be enforced unless we saw a ridiculous level of Franco-era policing, and that won't happen (hopefully).

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, David said:

Again, the line of thinking that goes "the people are dumb, they can'tĀ think for themselves, they need a firm hand and told what to do" is a dangerous road to go down

Why. People are stupid, there is tons of evidence for that. Remember that time people on a housing estate kicked fuck out of a paediatrician thinking that he was a paedophile. You have great faith in the British public and god bless you. The enemy of faith though is cold hard evidence, and we are awash with it, just ask the experts on vaccination of children.Ā 

Just now, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Why. People are stupid, there is tons of evidence for that. Remember that time people on a housing estate kicked fuck out of a paediatrician thinking that he was a paedophile. You have great faith in the British public and god bless you. The enemy of faith though is cold hard evidence, and we are awash with it, just ask the experts on vaccination of children.Ā 

How do we define "stupid" though? For me, someone who uses a full-stop to end a questionĀ is stupid. That's just my opinion though, and I certainly wouldn't hold that against them.

What about the government? Some of the key figures involved there are fucking stupid, aren't they? Yet here we are crying out for them to be handed absolute power to jail people for not staying in their houses.

There's nothing like a crisis and a bit of panic to see people surrender whatĀ little rights they have left. All in the name of, what? Some false sense of security?Ā 

Bollocks.Ā 

The government's place is to advise the public on what to do for the most part. If people wish to close their businesses, then fair enough, that's their choice. If pub owners want to stay open that's their call. It's also the call of those who want to go and sit in the pub and drink.

Not everyone has families, friends, internet access and suchlike. Every pub in the land has those guys who's lives revolve around the place. What about them? Is it just a case of "fuck you" and they go home for three months to their shitty flats and sit by themselves? Who cares, right?Ā 

Not for me. As unpopular as it may be, the people still have to bear some of the responsibility for their actions, rather than just shut their eyes and hope the government will make it all go away.