Saudi Arabia not allowing anyone into the country from coronavirus infected countries.

Angle_fan

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Undefeated Steak said:

I'm all for Edge, Goldberg, Undertaker. They're the big names from our youth, and while I'm not usually one to side with the rest of the wrestling internet, it does make you realise that this is the first wave of wrestling fans now who've never had a real star from their own generation. Reigns is as close as they've got, but he's been constantly overshadowed by Cena, Lesnar and other big names from past. 

Daniel Bryan was probably the last one and his climax was six years ago, a lifetime for a young fan. 

It must be frustrating as fuck to constantly see your favourite wrestlers losing to guys whose careers peaked before they were born.

It's a rare time that I'm actually empathising with the rest of them. Cancel Network tweets might sound corny as fuck to us cool bastards on the UKFF, but if I was a 20 year old fan now I'd be gutted, and would be seeing WWE as the company that seemingly books its entire self as a heel for whatever reason.

This is actually the point that stands out to me the most. 

We got to have Rock/Hogan and Rock/Cena, and a whole slew of other inter-generational big-name marquee matches. What's this generation's one going to be? From what I'm reading, it seems like Rock/Reigns might be the only one, and that's most likely only because of Hollywood Dwayne.

31 minutes ago, The Dart said:

Fabulous Moolah, Roddy Piper off the top of my head.  Several more if you count the Hardcore or 24/7 titles.

But, it's most likely the first time a Hall of Famer has one the world heavyweight men's title.  Edge might end up doing it too.

Was thinking Piper when he won the Tag belts with Flair but couldn’t remember if Piper has been inducted by then.

The 24/7 and Hardcore belts I’d completely forgotten about too, because why wouldn’t you

• Paid Members

It's genuinely baffling the outrage Goldberg battering The Fiend got; such a disconnect.

Mad to think it looked certain Big Bill was done a few years ago, but here he is going into Mania again with one of the big belts, in easily the most anticipated match on the show (for me, anyway). As with last time, I was out but now I'm back in - which is the appeal of Goldberg on top.

He just needs an entrance and a few big spots. It's the Goldberg formula we grew up loving, and it's nice WWE have realised this / forced into it. Reigns is great hand too so I am hopeful he can get more than excessive sweating out of him.

38 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I get why people watch it through the good times and the bad. I don’t get why people chose last night as the moment they’re supposedly not watching anymore and cancelling the Network.

Because they were looking forward to the Fiend dropping the title to Roman at WrestleMania, and definitely wouldn’t have done the same dummy-spitting routine they’re doing now when that happened.

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

This is actually the point that stands out to me the most. 

We got to have Rock/Hogan and Rock/Cena, and a whole slew of other inter-generational big-name marquee matches. What's this generation's one going to be? From what I'm reading, it seems like Rock/Reigns might be the only one, and that's most likely only because of Hollywood Dwayne.

In theory going off the previous two, it should have been Reigns/Cena, but we saw it on a B show three years ago.

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Was thinking Piper when he won the Tag belts with Flair but couldn’t remember if Piper has been inducted by then.

The 24/7 and Hardcore belts I’d completely forgotten about too, because why wouldn’t you

Bret Hart held the US Championship for 7 days in 2010. 

3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Why did you watch it, Kat? That's a genuine question. These shows have been dreadful from the start and really don't matter. It's a glorified house show.

Trying to quit drugs again, needed something to do on the evening that didn’t involve getting on it. 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

WWE have become exactly what they criticised WCW for in the 90s. Pushing older stars at the expense of the younger ones. Only those stars are actually now far older than the ones in WCW at the time. And what is it going to take to convince Vince McMahon that the fans will not accept Roman Reigns as the company's top guy? His stubbornness has no bounds. That show was awful.

Edited by LCJ

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

I get why people watch it through the good times and the bad. I don’t get why people chose last night as the moment they’re supposedly not watching anymore and cancelling the Network.

What made Goldberg beating Bray Wyatt on a non-canon blood money show your final straw? Are we just going to ignore that this is the same Bray Wyatt who hasn’t had a good match in ages that didn’t involve Daniel Bryan nearly killing himself to drag something out of him?

I watched it because it was a Thursday, had nothing else to do, and guessed it would be as awful as the other Saudi shows. In that regard I wasn’t disappointed. If you didn’t think Goldberg was going over, you must be new to wrestling because it was obvious that The Fiend wasn’t going to headline Wrestlemania. And hopefully Goldberg can hit a jackhammer next time. It looks like he couldn’t grab Brey’s trousers and hoping that was the reason for it’s awfulness.

Next show poster

1CF9BC77-094B-47E2-8B2F-EB1E73EBE6F1.jpeg

35 minutes ago, LCJ said:

And what is it going to take to convince Vince McMahon that the fans will not accept Roman Reigns as the company's top guy? His stubbornness has no bounds. That show was awful.

Who do the fans actually want though?

They were Roman fans until he was the chosen one.

They wanted Seth at some point until he got shoved down peoples throats.

I'm not even that clear anymore about who they want as the 'top guy'.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, LCJ said:

WWE have become exactly what they criticised WCW for in the 90s. Pushing older stars at the expense of the younger ones. Only those stars are actually now far older than the ones in WCW at the time. And what is it going to take to convince Vince McMahon that the fans will not accept Roman Reigns as the company's top guy? His stubbornness has no bounds. That show was awful.

Money.

That's where the WCW comparison falls apart really. They lost millions, while Vince is still raking it in. People can criticise his decisions but as long as WWE is still insanely profitable then nothing is going to change. I mean, why would it?  From a purely business perspective, he's doing a fucking great job, at least for the moment.

12 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Were they Roman fans until he was the chosen one though? I don’t recall the fans ever really being behind Roman Reigns. My point is, maybe Vince should start looking elsewhere for that spot because for me, Roman isn’t the answer. I don’t know who that person is but I’m sure there are a lot of wrestlers in the Indy Scene and the Performance Center who aspire to be the company’s top guy. I know that a Steve Austin or Dwayne Johnson don’t come around all too often but this is just WWE going around in circles.

12 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

Money.

That's where the WCW comparison falls apart really. They lost millions, while Vince is still raking it in. People can criticise his decisions but as long as WWE is still insanely profitable then nothing is going to change. I mean, why would it?  From a purely business perspective, he's doing a fucking great job, at least for the moment.

I’m not a business analyst and I don’t know the full facts and figures but I’m guessing the Fox deal alone and the ridiculous money they paid for Smackdown is one of the main reasons WWE is actually doing well financially. But if Live attendances and ratings continue to decline like they have been doing, will Fox still want them when the contract is up for renewal?

If the company is doing so great, then why did Vince fire the two people beneath him and why is there talk of pay per views leaving the network and actually being pay per views again? I suppose while WWE are still profitable, then the argument is there to carry on as they are doing but from a fan’s perspective, the product is awful right now.

27 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Drew McIntyre, they'll never turn on h-

Kevin Owens?