Saudi Arabia not allowing anyone into the country from coronavirus infected countries.

Angle_fan

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

Goldberg v Reigns screams Mania main event, and after that Bill should probably call it a day. There will be the usual OTT reactions to Wyatt losing but there's no reason he can't bounce back.

He kicked out of the Messiah's consistent finishing Curb Stomps, being beaten with every object in the world and nearly being set on fire, best Daniel Bryan essentially stamping on his head and never even got to the Big Dog, but a running tackle from a 53 year old man 5 times who then could barely lift him, dropped him down and pinned him was enough to put away this other wordldy creature built to be unstoppable until the face of the WWE in the 2020's defeated him. 

Yeah, nobody's gonna complain without it seeming mental. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

For context I'm finding the entire thing hilarious, but yeah the responses are much like I've posted above. Between this, Ricochet getting tossed like a salad and AJ being dropped by a chokeslam and not even the tombstone, Twitters having a meltdown. 

I’ve seen at least 4 wrestling friends just say I’m cancelling the network this evening

I said the same in the other thread, those same fans crying that they're done will be back watching tomorrow, it's a gravitational pull that you don't ever fully free yourself from. I've tried it myself a couple of times over the past 30 years but always come back cos of the need to know whats happening.

😂😂 Top banter PPV.

I was rolling when the three count hit the mat. Same old Bray Wyatt. Goldberg vs Roman, Fiend vs Cena are cracking additions to a good looking Mania card. But yeah, Goldberg looked worryingly bad.

As much as I can’t stand the Fiend, it is a bit shitty they put him in this situation in the first place. They just killed dead their biggest merch seller. 

And poor Ricochet. They didn’t even try to make him credible. Probably for the best though, giving him offence would have just made Kofi's loss look even worse in retrospect.

I love it.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

The fact Taker didn’t even tombstone Styles is worrying for Mania.

I don’t understand why you’d build Wyatt like this just to feed him to Goldberg. Goldberg could have beaten anyone on this show. Him and Reigns doesn’t need the belt.

Cena vs Wyatt on the other hand could have benefitted from that with Cena chasing the record 17th title at mania.

I’m far from a “I’m gonna cancel the network” guy. But to have 3 current stars on the same show go down to part timers without getting any offence between them does seem super short sighted in terms of the future.

Not so much Riccochet. The Brock effect is what it is. But they’re just telling their audience:

Multiple time world champion AJ Styles is bullshit compared to broken down star of the past the Undertaker.

Absolute killer and unstoppable monster The Fiend can be easily beaten by semi retired wrecking machine Goldberg (who couldn’t beat Triple H handily in his prime).

They may as well just put a caption on the screen saying “Nah, it’s not as good as it used to be, is it?”

7 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’ve seen at least 4 wrestling friends just say I’m cancelling the network this evening

Perhaps that's the plan. Get as many people as possible to cancel their Network subscription, then switch to ESPN+ and get Mania back on PPV for sixty bucks, safe in the knowledge that wrestling fans would never, ever complain about such a thing happening. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Grecian said:

So the headlining Mania matches in 2020 are likely to feature Goldberg, Lesnar, Cena, Edge and Undertaker. That's before Triple H has decided what's he's doing. In 2020.

Jesus Christ. 

Looks ridiculous written down but I couldn't complain. I popped for Edge's return, Edge angle on Raw is the best thing they've done all year and I had no interest in this Saudi shitshow until I found our Goldberg won then I went out of my way to download it.

The bigger problem is when they have to actively damage their regular touring roster because some of these guys can't do real matches. 

I still think WWE teach the fundamentals better than anyone. It's obvious. And yet while they'll have guys like fucking Road Dogg and Big Show telling guys to slow down, make stuff mean something, listen to the crowd and all the other staples, they're putting main events on their big blood money shows consisting of just six finishing moves.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Grecian said:

So the headlining Mania matches in 2020 are likely to feature Goldberg, Lesnar, Cena, Edge and Undertaker. That's before Triple H has decided what's he's doing. In 2020.

Just as it should be.

There's definitely something a bit toxic and masochist about how much we're enjoying the real starz being back. It's like pigging out on something you really shouldn't. Don't get me wrong, I'm on the bandwagon too, it's just indicative of how shite the rest of it is. They've a few genuine players there who should be even bigger, more consistent stars but have been watered down through the WWE booking system. Reigns, AJ, Balor. They have a boat load of other people as well though who've had hundreds of hours of TV over the last few years but evidently just don't have much of an x factor.

The gleeful indulgence in old hands is definitely the more entertaining prospect in WWE. It's becoming a bit like WCW 98-99 now where AEW and NWA has your fill of new stuff. Terribly unhealthy for them as a company, but fun. As long as the other two are keeping up their current pace, I could happily live with WWE descending into further insanity. 

I wouldn't count Edge as relying on a legend, either. We've not seen him do a proper match back yet, but he looks to be in great shape and is perceptibly young by WWE standards. If he's back then he's back. He'll be just another guy in a few months.