Saudi Arabia not allowing anyone into the country from coronavirus infected countries.

Angle_fan

3 hours ago, LCJ said:

I’m not a business analyst and I don’t know the full facts and figures but I’m guessing the Fox deal alone and the ridiculous money they paid for Smackdown is one of the main reasons WWE is actually doing well financially. But if Live attendances and ratings continue to decline like they have been doing, will Fox still want them when the contract is up for renewal?

If the company is doing so great, then why did Vince fire the two people beneath him and why is there talk of pay per views leaving the network and actually being pay per views again? I suppose while WWE are still profitable, then the argument is there to carry on as they are doing but from a fan’s perspective, the product is awful right now.

Well they signed the deal with WWE despite ratings being worse than in a decade and getting worse every year. I don't suppose it will matter all that much. Personally I was astounded they stumped up the cash for a company that's losing x% of viewers year on year. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Well they signed the deal with WWE despite ratings being worse than in a decade and getting worse every year. I don't suppose it will matter all that much. Personally I was astounded they stumped up the cash for a company that's losing x% of viewers year on year. 

I think the main reason is a scripted or reality show often costs around $5-10$ million dollars an episode. Smackdown costs about $1 million and has no down season. It's a 52 week product, so they get content cheaper then they would normally pay for and it's ratings are average

That was such a great event. In a time where the E are elevating new stars, its important they show their veterans who made them such a success show everyone what they can do. Watching Goldberg, a guy who WCW was all about in their prime, defeat The Fiend was incredible to watch, and gives the Saudi fans what they wanted, so it's all good in the long run. Goldberg will be great with the belt, and can be used to elevate someone else later down the line. Don't know what all the complaining is about, presumably from those who were born after 2005.

Edited by Worthits

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Undefeated Steak said:

I'm all for Edge, Goldberg, Undertaker. They're the big names from our youth, and while I'm not usually one to side with the rest of the wrestling internet, it does make you realise that this is the first wave of wrestling fans now who've never had a real star from their own generation. Reigns is as close as they've got, but he's been constantly overshadowed by Cena, Lesnar and other big names from past. 

Daniel Bryan was probably the last one and his climax was six years ago, a lifetime for a young fan. 

It must be frustrating as fuck to constantly see your favourite wrestlers losing to guys whose careers peaked before they were born.

It's a rare time that I'm actually empathising with the rest of them. Cancel Network tweets might sound corny as fuck to us cool bastards on the UKFF, but if I was a 20 year old fan now I'd be gutted, and would be seeing WWE as the company that seemingly books its entire self as a heel for whatever reason.

I don't know how many of these "people who've started watching in the past five years" exist, but given the situation you've described, try to put yourself in their shoes and imagine being told you now have to pay $60 to watch these monthly shows.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

especially if it means we don’t have to look at that fucking Krang Belt anymore 

I was hoping Goldberg would hold that one up in victory because it would have made for such a bizarre visual to be recorded for posterity. He should have replaced it with the big gold belt for max nostalgia.

The main downside to putting the belt on Goldberg is that they caught lightening in a bottle for his return and program with Brock. It was all so refreshing, he had the mic work nailed perfectly and the matches were so different from everything else. It was the perfect way to go out. Like how Flair could never top the farewell match with Michaels, it’s only going to take away from the special moment if they cheapen it afterwards.

Not only will everything after that run not have the same magic, but it’s been such poor quality that I can’t help but be disappointed. I’m fine with him hitting two moves, but at least do those two moves properly. I don’t want to worry about anyone’s safety when he gets into the ring.  
He is very likeable and has a lot of goodwill he can get by on, but a match with Roman really needs to be his last. 

• Paid Members

Regarding Goldberg being the first person to win the world title in 4 different decades, Would Lou Thesz have a claim to this ?
He won the Boston version of the AWA world title in 1937 and then also the NWA world title in 1949, 1956 and 1963. 

Obviously depends on your view of the AWA title at that time. 

Edited by The Ratt
Cant quote original post

• Moderators
16 hours ago, The Ratt said:

Regarding Goldberg being the first person to win the world title in 4 different decades, Would Lou Thesz have a claim to this ?
He won the Boston version of the AWA world title in 1937 and then also the NWA world title in 1949, 1956 and 1963. 

Obviously depends on your view of the AWA title at that time. 

Depending on your "world" title I'd say Lawler has a shout if we're extrapolating AWA to USWA and thereon 

On 2/28/2020 at 9:19 PM, Worthits said:

That was such a great event. In a time where the E are elevating new stars, its important they show their veterans who made them such a success show everyone what they can do. Watching Goldberg, a guy who WCW was all about in their prime, defeat The Fiend was incredible to watch, and gives the Saudi fans what they wanted, so it's all good in the long run. Goldberg will be great with the belt, and can be used to elevate someone else later down the line. Don't know what all the complaining is about, presumably from those who were born after 2005.

Are we on about the same show here?

As usual the latest "Saudi Shit Show" lived up to it's unofficial title. Just out of interest, which new stars are the "E elevating"? I personally think the WWE are in a shocking state, with so much talent under contract that they have spread themselves too thin & almost everyone is lost in the shuffle.