Wilder vs Fury 2 - Feb 22 🥊

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Wilder has form. Him and his team went hard with that "the count was slow" excuse after the first fight, despite it being proven as bollocks.

Suppose after twatting everyone ever, getting schooled in two fights you may need to turn to delusions to explain it away.

Sadly, after what happened at the weekend it's not really a compelling fight anymore and, arguably, not a competitive one either.

Suppose another big pay day before it's all over for Wilder.

I have no interest in another fight between the two. As someone mentioned, in 2 fights, Wilder hasn't won a single round against Fury. He also gave him his best shot and Fury still got up. Wilder then was convincingly beaten up in the second. It holds no interest really. Even the US sports broadcasters were looking towards the AJ fight.

Anyway, all props to Fury now. The guy's rise has been unbelievable to watch.

If a rematch is on the cards, it would be wise for Fury to insist it happens in the UK. He's fought Wilder twice in the US. The first saw dodgy judging, the second saw dodgy refereeing in my view. Taking a point so early for fuck all? Giving Wilder ample time to recover throughout the fight? 

Bring it back to the UK. Fury is the champion, he's calling the shots.

• Paid Members

The split PPV deal between Fox/ESPN will probably scupper that. It's probably already in place that it has to be in the States.

If it actually goes ahead in the next 6 months, im up for it. Can't seen a different result but im interested to see what Wilder will attempt to do to correct things. 

It will be in the States again, that's where the money is. Fury won't care one bit about that, he seems to love it over there and has said on more then one occasion he doesn't see himself fighting in the UK again(he doesn't even have a British boxing licence at present moment) Wilder has to take the rematch straight away, never know how long it might take for him again to get another shot at one of the belts without being completely screwed over the money percentage, he will be getting 40% for the third fight against Fury which is fair after what happened in the second fight and hopefully he can figure out what adjustments he can make when watching the fight back to make it a different outcome. I'm all for fighters trying to find reasons afterwards for why they lost, something happened beforehand etc if they are being real to themselves behind closed doors, if he really believes he lost because of what he was wearing to the ring, it will be the same outcome in the third fight as it was in the second fight.

I'm all for the third fight next, I think best for both fighters to get it out the way and then later this year the winner faces the winner of Joshua/Pulev for all the belts and we finally get a defining undisputed number one heavyweight champion of the world.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gooner said:

It will be in the States again, that's where the money is. Fury won't care one bit about that, he seems to love it over there and has said on more then one occasion he doesn't see himself fighting in the UK again(he doesn't even have a British boxing licence at present moment) Wilder has to take the rematch straight away, never know how long it might take for him again to get another shot at one of the belts without being completely screwed over the money percentage, he will be getting 40% for the third fight against Fury which is fair after what happened in the second fight and hopefully he can figure out what adjustments he can make when watching the fight back to make it a different outcome. I'm all for fighters trying to find reasons afterwards for why they lost, something happened beforehand etc if they are being real to themselves behind closed doors, if he really believes he lost because of what he was wearing to the ring, it will be the same outcome in the third fight as it was in the second fight.

I'm all for the third fight next, I think best for both fighters to get it out the way and then later this year the winner faces the winner of Joshua/Pulev for all the belts and we finally get a defining undisputed number one heavyweight champion of the world.

It's a shame that the rematch clause gives such a tight time frame. If it wasn't notoriously difficult to get these promoters to sign these matches, and if Wilder was younger, the smart thing to do would be to forgo the immediate rematch, and build himself back up again; with time and performance, people will gradually "soften up" in terms of their memories of the second fight, and it will be easier to sell them a third fight for big money, especially if Wilder has been going out there and smashing heads off again. He probably beats everyone else who isn't Tyson Fury, so by the time a third match came around, he'd probably have more of an aura.

One thing that also interests me is how he reacts to his first loss in terms of his actual fighting. Usually, barring the "geniuses", that's when we see just how good a fighter really can get. It'd be certainly very intriguing if he were of the mindset to ruthlessly self-improve, especially if he thought he had a chance of getting revenge on Fury. His post-fight reactions aren't encouraging in that regard, but given that this is boxing, in which PR could be any kind of bollocks that doesn't reflect what's actually going on, I'd like to wait and see what Wilder will do. I still don't think he beats Fury, but his comeback run, if he has one, might be worth a watch.

Edited by Carbomb