Wilder vs Fury 2 - Feb 22 đŸ„Š

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

It was incredible. All is right with the world again. I started having serious doubts this week with Fury carrying the extra weight plus the switch in trainers and so on. But he got it all so spot on. He was true to his word as well and brought the fight to Wilder. He was the aggressor and constantly in Wilder’s face. Wilder was fucked after that first knockdown. Those shots that land around the ear send the balance to shite and Tyson landed it right on the sweet spot. Probably fucked with Wilder mentally as well. He’d never been on the canvas before this, had he?

Brilliant. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

It was incredible. All is right with the world again. I started having serious doubts this week with Fury carrying the extra weight plus the switch in trainers and so on. But he got it all so spot on. He was true to his word as well and brought the fight to Wilder. He was the aggressor and constantly in Wilder’s face. Wilder was fucked after that first knockdown. Those shots that land around the ear send the balance to shite and Tyson landed it right on the sweet spot. Probably fucked with Wilder mentally as well. He’d never been on the canvas before this, had he?

Brilliant. 

If I remember correctly didnt Harold Sconiers drop him? That was brought up a while back. I mean it was 10 years ago so I doubt it stuck with him. 

• Paid Members

Ive never seen Wilder down, only hurt by Ortiz. Sure he was knocked out in the amateurs though, and David Haye hurt him badly during sparring.

I think anyone predicting a Fury win didnt believe he'd do it as he would. Everyone thought it would have to be more of the same and bamboozle his way to a decision and hopefully avoid the power along the way. Even with the extra weight I didnt think he's bully Wilder back and lean all over him, though we all probably should have in hindsight. Wilder did not enjoy that one bit. It was a classic example of how to effectively exploit the the weight difference you are allowed to have at heavyweight, having a gigantic 19stone man leaning all over you must fucking suck.

Shout out to Charles Martin on the undercard too who knocked out Gerald Washington with a left hook making himself IBF mandatory. Imagine if we see Joshua/Martin II before we see Joshua/Fury🙈

Didn't look like Wilder ever got going. From the first bell Fury was pushing him and pushing him. Absolutely solid work from Tyson and his team. Took Deontay's main weapon out of the equation, despite what the commentators would have had you believe. I don't know what the referee was waiting for though - I think you could've called it in any round after 3. It just looked like a methodical mugging. 

Deontay needs a word with his crew. As much as the commentators tried to highlight Fury's team changes versus Wilder's 'loyalty', throwing in the towel seemed to surprise Wilder, as if, somehow, he had been working to a different gameplan or instruction. As knackered as he looked, he didn't look like his eyes had gone. Plus, if they really didn't check on his weight while training, that's inexcusable. You don't let your charge do whatever he wants if that puts his cardio at risk, which it clearly did after just 2 rounds.

Brilliant work from the Big Man though. His look and antics can give the impression he's just a big lump, but he's consistently shown now just how fucking sharp he is. And of course, what a lovely lovely voice.

• Paid Members

Wilder was probably aware that the towel was gonna come in. Like i said previous, something was said between Wilder and his coach between rounds 6 & 7. The protest is normal, fighters will do that to save face, or just complain in the heat of battle.

The referee was looking to step in long before the towel, you could see it in his face. Wilder just did enough to survive. His body language was worrying though.

Edited by Egg Shen

12 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Wonder how far ahead the shithouse judges had Wilder at the time of the stoppage. 

Amazingly, the judges' scorecards were all respectable.

Two gave Fury every round and had the fight 59-52 at time of stoppage.

The other scored only round 2 to Wilder and had Fury up 58-53.

• Paid Members

regarding the corner thing, just heard on the press conference that it wasn't Wilder's main coach Jay Deas who threw in the towel, it was the other man in the corner Mark Breland who threw the towel against the advice of Deas.

Breland did the right thing.

• Paid Members

Yeah Breland was a class fighter. I remember Taylorslade on here recommending the Aaron Davis fight years ago and that was my introduction to him. 

Oh, you’ll like this Keith. According to Steve Bunce, Gordon Ramsay called this fight exactly. Right down to the round and the towel coming in. Skip to around 3:50...

From beef wellingtons to top boxing tips, Gordon’s got you covered. 

9633677A-E9E2-484F-B334-281BC97C4003.gif

6 hours ago, jimufctna24 said:

David, I fucking love you. 

You're not too bad yourself, sunshine.

Yeah, I figured that a fit, on-point Fury who came in with his business head on would dismantle Wilder. As I said previously, this whole fight was always going to be determined by which Fury we were going to get. 

I have to admit, seeing his pre-fight shenanigans in his dressing room had me worried. But he was all-business. No clowning, no fucking about. That cost him last time.

Oh, and the referee was atrocious. It didn't make any difference, but taking the point away that early? Fucking hell. Not to mention the sheer number of times he gave Wilder time to recover? I was hoping we'd get the ref from last time.

Fury in this kind of form finishes Joshua in six, no problem. I can see him taking that money-spinning fight with AJ then calling it a day. He'll have fuck all left to prove.