Wilder vs Fury 2 - Feb 22 🥊

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

I honestly don’t get how anyone legitimately had it a draw. You’d have had to give Wilder another 3 rounds, on top of the two knockdown rounds for it to be scored even. I don’t know where those extra rounds would come from. You’d have to be actively looking for reasons to favour Wilder and even then I can’t see how he takes 5 of the 12 rounds. It was an outright robbery for me and I’m always hesitant to call a fight a robbery. 

Im going purely off first time viewing memory, ive only ever seen the fight once but im fairly certain there were rounds that could have gone either way, especially in rounds were barely any punches actually landed, and there were a few of those.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Thing is if it were a fighter who didn't have Wilder's KO power or the "champion's privilege", would two knockdowns be enough to overturn being outboxed for pretty much all of the match?

Nah, it cant work like that because there'd have to be alterations to the scorecard. Judges would simply have to give him rounds that he didnt win as theg happened.

BT have uploaded the fight to youtube with no commentary, im gonna watch and have a go at rescoring it.

https://youtu.be/O7k_JcxW01Q

21 hours ago, David said:

Fury by stoppage. Probably after the 8th round. 

Don't get my hopes up ffs. 

Although it did cross my mind yesterday that Wilder isn't made of stone. Ortiz came very close to stopping him, Breazeale stunned him momentarily, and even Fury hurt him a few times in their first encounter. 

I'm still expecting the worst this weekend though. 

I'm hoping for a Fury win. For the hype Wilder gives himself, 40+ fights in, he's never beaten a credible opponent. His best win is against 38 year old, super doper, Luis Ortiz. Everyone's scared of the right hand. Yes, it's a weapon and what Wilder relies on. But if you keep out of range and box him, that's Wilder's kryptonite.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Rossman said:

I'm hoping for a Fury win. For the hype Wilder gives himself, 40+ fights in, he's never beaten a credible opponent. His best win is against 38 year old, super doper, Luis Ortiz. Everyone's scared of the right hand. Yes, it's a weapon and what Wilder relies on. But if you keep out of range and box him, that's Wilder's kryptonite.

Surely his match with Fury showed that that's not such an easy ask, though? If a boxer as good as Fury can get hit by him, then it's a weapon to be feared. Wilder doesn't have to be a great technical fighter, he just has to be good enough to hit you. 

Yep, very true that's what makes this fight intriguing. Also the Tyson who stepped in the ring that night was not the same man who beat Klitschko 3 years previous. He's still trying to come back to it now. Yet in most peoples eyes, he won the fight. Bear in mind, Wilder hit Fury with his best shot and he still got up from it (like no-one else had) that must play on his mind. What does he have to do to stop this guy...

• Paid Members

Going into this im surprised that so little is being made of the Fury/Wallin fight and the strange case of Fury's camp leading upto this. It almost feels like everyone is just seeing this as instant rematch of the first fight. 

I think theres more to read into Fury's poor follow performance against Otto Wallin though and how the camp that got him back into contention has fallen apart in the wake of that fight. Im favouring Wilder here. I know Fury appears to be a big game player and shows up when he really needs too but i just think Deontay gets it done.

9 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Surely his match with Fury showed that that's not such an easy ask, though? If a boxer as good as Fury can get hit by him, then it's a weapon to be feared. Wilder doesn't have to be a great technical fighter, he just has to be good enough to hit you. 

By the same token, he hit Fury as clean as he's hit anyone and the guy not only got up but proceeded to start outboxing him again.

No one seems to be taking that into account. When you have one big weapon and it already hasn't worked. Twice.

The press conference was tremendous viewing. The animosity between both men is so obvious and I can't wait for the rematch.

"When I found you, you was strung out on coke. I brought you to big time boxing". Ouch.

Wilder has the power of the punch but I want a clean Fury win. Everything to play for.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, David said:

No one seems to be taking that into account. When you have one big weapon and it already hasn't worked. Twice.

It didnt work against Bermane Stiverne the first time either. Remember the second fight?

870337092.jpg

Fury was quite smart in the first fight and was able to buy time at the count after the famous knockdown. He was able to buy about two seconds which I genuinely think would have been the difference between the fight being waved off and Fury continuing the way he did. 

I've heard rumours from a friend who is well connected in the boxing world that Fury is training to fight on the inside. This doesn't make any sense to me as Fury is best at standing back and using his reach advantage to keep his opponent on the end of the jab. I guess the idea is that by fighting on the inside you nullify Wilder's right-hook, but I wouldn't bank on that particularly given the stamina required to fight on the inside. If this is all true, I'd bet on a Wilder KO. 

Edited by AVM

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, David said:

By the same token, he hit Fury as clean as he's hit anyone and the guy not only got up but proceeded to start outboxing him again.

Oh, I'm not overlooking that at all. I even mentioned that the dodgy judges should be taking Fury's sheer heart or rock-headedness into account if they were going to score like they did. 

I was just responding to Rossman's point about Wilder's kryptonite being an outboxer strategy - it's most likely the best one, as it has the most chance of negating his biggest nuke, but he showed in the first fight that he's good enough to hit someone as skilled as Fury, meaning it won't be all that easy. 

But the fact that Fury is not the same as he was last year means this is going to be interesting.