Wilder vs Fury 2 - Feb 22 đŸ„Š

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

I watched an American feed and have watched some after fight stuff from the US broadcast and they were saying he has 30 days to trigger the rematch clause is that not right?

Probably 30 days to trigger it, 5 months to make it happen.

• Paid Members

I don’t even want to see a third fight. At least yet anyway. I’d be quite happy for last night to be the final chapter in the Fury vs Wilder story. I think we got our answer who the better fighter is over the course of their two fights. A third might even be a tough sell after last night’s one way thumping.

I’d much rather see Fury vs AJ next. That needs to happen before Fury retires. It’d be a shame if the two biggest name Heavyweights of this generation, who have all the belts between them, never meet to unify the titles. They could both do with something new as well, I think. For the longest time now, Fury’s been balls deep in this Wilder thing. And Joshua’s had those back-to-back Ruiz fights. It’d be refreshing to see Fury and AJ matched up at this point. The press conference alone could be gold if Warren and Hearn come face to face. I’ve little doubt Fury would box circles around AJ but the fight has to happen. It would be absolutely mega. Just give Wilder and Pulev some money to fuck off for a bit and let’s get it on over the summer. 

1 hour ago, Stylin_and_Profilin said:

On another note - i watched the American broadcast - i don't think i'll ever fully appreciate how good we had it growing up with the HBO broadcasts.

FOX had a two person setup on commentatory and the female in the booth was asbolutely attrocious. No if she's a boxer herself but it was a million miles from the like of Jim Lampley, Harold Leterman and Big George.....even Larry Merchant was better to listen to than that.

She was bad. The guy wasn't much better either. She kept asking him questions like it was the first time she had ever seen boxing. The strange thing is, I looked her up and people were complaining that she wasn't part of the broadcasting team, so they put her in. She usually does interviews and broadcasting for ESPN. 

At one point she said, I'm no doctor but it looks like the ear damage is causing Wilders instability. Then at the end of the fight, before Wilder had been checked over, she said Wilder had a ruptured ear drum. 

16 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

The woman in the booth was Katie Abdo, she's a Brit, used to be on Sky Sports News.

ringside view of the 3rd round knockdown ^

Nah it wasn't Katie, Egg. Defo someone else.

The three person team was a dream, lead commentator then Merchant blethering utter shite and then Foreman and more latterly Roy Jones as the expert ex-pro chiming in with their few cents (usually telling Merchant to stob blethering shite lol).

I'll download and watch the FOX version again later and try catch her name.

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

The woman in the booth was Katie Abdo, she's a Brit, used to be on Sky Sports News.

ringside view of the 3rd round knockdown ^

Interesting to watch this because I remembered Wilder looking fucked for the rest of the fight AFTER this, but in this he already looks fucked.

He was leaning on the ropes even there.  He was propping himself up on them a lot in the last few rounds.  I wonder if he took a shot earlier in the 3rd that had him wobbly?

That was a battering, and if you're Wilder you send your corner man a thank you card because there was only more pain ahead. I was surprised Fury couldn't finish him off but he was clearly still cautious of that big right even when Wilder was wobbling all over the place.  Super disciplined, professional fight.

Fury / Joshua this summer will be absolutely massive.

1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

I had the Fox feed, they would cut a 2 person panel now and then and it was Abdo & Mark Kriegel

Crystina Poncher was her name apparently - typical a daft americaniZZZZZed spelling threw  me but go there eventually. Apparently she's with Top Rank / ESPN; i must have had some syndicated foreign market feed with English commentary as i swear it was plastered with FOX logos all over the place. Anyways, she was still dire.

• Paid Members

Just seen this; 

Also heard someone in the background during Fury’s interview with IFL saying something to Tyson like “don’t drink any more water because ours is all gone.” Team Fury rightly taking zero risks over there. Trust nobody. Can’t be too careful. All sorts of underhanded shit has gone on in Boxing over the years so anyone in a big fight like this should probably be just as cautious. I remember reading, I think in the Four Kings book, years ago that Roberto Duran was notoriously paranoid before fights that someone from the opposing camp was going to mess with his food/water to make him sick going into a fight. 

Oh and for anyone who missed it, Fury’s entrance; 

I’ve got a feeling John Fury is outside David Haye’s front door right about now to collect on that bet.