Wilder vs Fury 2 - Feb 22 🥊

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If we think Tyson is a formidable lad, can you imagine John Fury in his 20's? Fucking hell, if ever there was a pint you didn't want to spill it would be his.

I saw a comment on the BT Sports round table before the fight where someone described him as "a wardrobe wearing a suit." That's pretty fucking accurate to be honest.

Edited by David

41 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Does that include UK buys?

Just American buys. Kind of proves that boxing in the US, with a few exceptions, isn't a big deal.

Having spent a few months there recently, I can sort of understand why. It's such a huge fucking place, and there are so many other sports that grab the headlines. At the moment for example, we've got Kobe Bryant passing away, the NBA all-star break is just finished and everyone is talking about the Lakers and the Bucks. The NFL combine is happening, while they have a potential number one draft pick who's hinting that he may refuse to go to who picks him, they have Tom Brady in free agency, the CBA debate raging on, The Houston Astros cheating scandal, Mookie Betts trade to the Dodgers and so on.

When you have all that being thrown at you on the numerous sports channels they have over there, who has time for boxing?

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, David said:

If we think Tyson is a formidable lad, can you imagine John Fury in his 20's? Fucking hell, if ever there was a pint you didn't want to spill it would be his.

I saw a comment on the BT Sports round table before the fight where someone described him as "a wardrobe wearing a suit." That's pretty fucking accurate to be honest.

Big John v Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov is the ultimate "ma Dad will slash your Dad". Two truly terrifying people.

That's where all the WWE Saudi money should be going.

36 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Hearn will be chuckling to himself at old Bob.

Probably best that he gets the laughing out of his system before any actual fight between AJ and Fury. If the Fury who showed up at the weekend shows up in a fight against Joshua it isn't going to end well for Ed's lad.

Probably best that he gets the laughing out of his system before any actual fight between AJ and Fury. If the Fury who showed up at the weekend shows up in a fight against Joshua it isn't going to end well for Ed's lad.

I was talking more on the making money front. Fact is, Hearn is way ahead of Bob Arum in how to promote fights.  Matchroom, for some of their faults, just gets how to do it. Hearn involved in the promotion of AJ/Fury would step it up a gear.

On the AJ/Fury thing. We'll see. I would back Fury to win, but I think people write off AJ very easily. He's a different beast to Wilder.

13 minutes ago, Factotum said:

On the AJ/Fury thing. We'll see. I would back Fury to win, but I think people write off AJ very easily. He's a different beast to Wilder.

It's not so much a criticism of Joshua really, as much as it's about Fury at his best being probably the best heavyweight fighter of the past twenty-odd years.

Only Lennox Lewis in his prime comes close really.