Wilder vs Fury 2 - Feb 22 🥊

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wilder's excuses and comments in full, for anyone interested:

Immediately, when I took my ring suit off, I felt my legs and I was like, ‘Oh, sh-t! I done put myself in a situation,’ ” Wilder said. “But I’m a warrior, man. I’m a king and I fight off of my shield. That’s how I like to go, on my shield. And I just had to accept responsibility that’s what it was, and fight from there. You know, many people probably would’ve made excuses and quit, but nah, no matter what the results was, I wanted to go in there like a warrior, a true king, a man, and go in and fight off my shield.

I tested it the night before and it felt like it was OK,” Wilder said. “But we thought we was gonna be able to time it all from the dressing room to the ring walk. But we was in the dressing room a little bit longer than we timed it. And by the time we was going out to the ring walk, you can tell I was walking kinda funny, you know, walking out. But it was a tribute and I was like, ‘I’m gonna wear it and see what happens.’

On the wobbly legs, it was all about survival. So, I didn’t get to use what we had worked so hard on and I looked so great doing in camp. I didn’t get to use those things because of my mistake that I made at the last minute. But I take full ownership of it, we learn from our mistakes and we carry on.

By the third round, my legs was fully gone,” Wilder said. “And then, that’s when he started hitting me in the back of the head, knocking my equilibrium off a little bit. My legs were so gone that even if he would’ve tapped me, I probably would’ve fell. Because you know that body shots and all that doesn’t faze me at all. Many people could tell that wasn’t me up in that ring immediately. But I did it to myself. I totally did it to myself and I wasn’t gonna back down. I was still gonna fight like a true warrior and do what I do. You know what I’m saying? Win, lose or draw.

I had no legs,” Wilder said. “I’m surprised I went that long. I had no legs, and I knew I was in for a fight with these legs and the condition I was in. It was crazy. But, you know, again, it’s nobody’s fault but mine. I wore the costume that was that heavy, and I paid the price. I traded the tribute to men and women [for] my title, and you know, as a warrior, I was gonna fight. My job was to fight under any circumstances, as a king, and that’s what I did. And I don’t take nothing back.

Wow. Not a single word of credit to the man who soundly beat him, just a lot of excuses. He's claiming he was hit behind the head as well now.

I actually think he's going to convince himself that the ring walk is the only reason he lost. I've never seen a fighter big-up himself so much after such a one-sided loss.

Edited by David

He's basically saying that losing due to his costume, that was designed for black history month, means that he traded his world title to pay tribute.

Talk about an ego. Honestly, if he loses to Fury again, how will he cope?

Edited by David

• Paid Members

Roy Jones Jr isn’t having Wilder’s excuses;

Interviewer: Do you think, in fact, that it did probably weaken his legs? 

Jones: No. How much did Tyson Fury weigh in at? 

Interviewer: 273. 

Jones: It was 273lbs of human flesh that weakened his legs.
Edited by wandshogun09

Wilder has sadly painted himself into a corner with his post-fight excuses. He's went from a feared puncher with a great reputation to a joke figure in less than a week.

If he'd just taken his loss, and said "I'm exercising that rematch clause. He shocked me by coming right at me, credit to him. Next time I'll meet him front and centre and we can throw down and see who's left standing!" he'd be hunky dory.

They say the mark of a fighter is how they deal with a loss.  Wilder's hissy fit this week will go down as one of the worse strops in boxing history.  Who wants to see a 3rd fight now?  Nobody.

• Paid Members

I saw a few clips of the gloves going around, it is very strange but i can't actually see what kind of advantage that gives Fury. Surely an ill-fitted glove would be a hindrance more than anything.

The fallout for these major fights these days is crazy, people will look for any excuses they can. 

• Paid Members

The glove conspiracy theory is even more ridiculous as well because the clip is actually from the first fight. Tyson never had that red tape on his wrists in the rematch so it’s definitely the first fight. Like you lot are saying, ill-fitting gloves would be more of an annoyance to Fury than an advantage. If anything, Tyson could’ve used that as an excuse. ‘I only got knocked down twice because my shite gloves were distracting me’. But he didn’t.

Wilder and his fans are really fucking reaching and it’s so pathetic. Haven’t seen it posted on here but you’ve all probably seen the clips of Wilder on Rogan’s podcast from 2018 where he was saying he regularly trains with a 40lb vest on for conditioning. So the suit excuse is even more silly knowing that. This all puts David Haye’s toe excuse in the Klitschko fight to shame, it really does. And it’s why Wilder will never improve. He’ll still knock a lot of guys out, no question. But how do you improve and strengthen your weaknesses if you won’t accept you have any?

I actually kind of hope they have a third fight now. And I hope Tyson wears the exact same suit Wilder wore, and then bashes him again. 

295076C3-9467-4CCD-AC05-CF554434DF1C.gif