Wilder vs Fury 2 - Feb 22 🥊

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, Loki said:

I wonder how boxing experts said this in the early 80s.  Tyson was knocking out guys much taller than him for his whole career.  None as tall as Fury admittedly but then Tyson’s speed and power in those days would be a problem for anyone.

Yeah, but heavyweights even in those days weren't quite the giants that they are today. It's ridiculous now.

Also, and it pains me to say it as a fan of Mike's, the talent pool at heavyweight wasn't all that great back then. Aside from Tyson there was no really top notch heavyweights, especially with size. 

He'd have been too small to deal with someone like Fury. It's a different generation of course, but still. He was too small for a larger, faster Lewis.

Iron Mike was never quite the same after he split from Kevin Rooney. 

I have little doubt that the post-1989 version of Iron Mike would get wrecked by Fury. But I am not 100% sure what would happen if Fury fought the version of Iron Mike that walloped Spinks, Tubbs, and Holmes.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Teedy Kay said:

So, apparently there's video evidence that Fury wasn't correctly wearing his gloves, especially his left hand.

I don't see the benefits of just wafting a padded glove about the place, but his left hand does look remarkably flexible.

I posted about that somewhere a few pages back. It’s Wilder fans reaching with excuses, it would’ve hindered Fury more than any kind of advantage.

Plus the footage is from the first fight anyway. In the clips used he’s got red tape around his wrists;

931-B21-E3-4974-487-A-B6-AF-79-F1-D92-B2

In the rematch it was white tape; 

6-B557-EA3-B2-CA-45-FF-B0-A6-CB2-C5-CBEF

Basically, it’s a load of bollocks mate.

Don’t know how legitimate the quote is but I read earlier that Bob Arum is saying Fury vs Wilder 3 is going down on 18th July at the MGM in Vegas. 

• Paid Members

Yep, thats the date going around.

I gotta give Wilder some props for going straight back in, obviously he's getting big money, but to willingly go straight back in after such a humbling battering is comendable. It does make me feel like there is something to the costume excuse making him feel abit shit. I dont think a fully fresh Wilder taking on Fury bringing that kind of style has much more of a chance and he should never have publically used it as an excuse but it does make me feel that he was probably was a little off on the night. Either that or he's delusional.

• Paid Members

Sorry to bump the thread but look at this;

C7851270-9-E8-B-4-A7-D-B655-09-EACF1889-

0-F079-C57-F6-CD-404-F-A460-CAED8-EAB3-D

What a mad turn of events. And after all that silly talk from Wilder fans about Fury wearing dodgy gloves as well. 

Link to Deontay Wilder’s page on Boxrec just to show it’s for real - https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/468841

Can’t they use this as an excuse to fuck the third fight off and get the AJ fight on? Pulev can piss off. 

I think you'd been had Wand. 

Note that the twitter page you cited is titled "boxingkindgom14". While the legit Twitter page for that fan page doesn't have the typo in it - https://twitter.com/BoxingKingdom14?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Wilder has been suspended by the Nevada commission , but I will assume that is due to the damage he received in the Fury fight. 

Edited by jimufctna24

One thing I remember about the fight is as soon as the bell for round one rings, Fury is making a beeline for the centre of the ring. Showing Wilder he was there, waiting for him.

It reminds me of what Sugar Ray Leonard said (in Four Kings or possibly his autobiography, can't remember which) about his fight with Marvin Hagler. At the start of each round of his fights, he knew Hagler made it to the centre faster than his opponent to mark his territory. Leonard beat Hagler to it, psychologically trying to break his will.