Wilder vs Fury 2 - Feb 22 🥊

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Carbomb said:

It's a shame that the rematch clause gives such a tight time frame. If it wasn't notoriously difficult to get these promoters to sign these matches, and if Wilder was younger, the smart thing to do would be to forgo the immediate rematch, and build himself back up again; with time and performance, people will gradually "soften up" in terms of their memories of the second fight, and it will be easier to sell them a third fight for big money, especially if Wilder has been going out there and smashing heads off again. He probably beats everyone else who isn't Tyson Fury, so by the time a third match came around, he'd probably have more of an aura.

I honestly don't think Fury will be around if Wilder takes the time to have a few more fights to build himself back up. I think Fury fights and beats Joshua then calls it a day. Undefeated, legit world champion. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, David said:

I honestly don't think Fury will be around if Wilder takes the time to have a few more fights to build himself back up. I think Fury fights and beats Joshua then calls it a day. Undefeated, legit world champion. 

True, hadn't thought about that bit. But I'd have thought that Fury might want to stick around a bit longer to fully capitalise on being in the best shape of his life, especially with a new coach who's shown he can bring out the best in him. If they were to really stretch it out, from his perspective there is the 3rd Wilder match, there's AJ, perhaps a chance to avenge his cousin against Povetkin, perhaps Pulev? Given his style, he potentially could have a long, prosperous career.

I guess a lot of it also hinges on whether or not it turns out that boxing is good for his mental health or not.

18 hours ago, Carbomb said:

True, hadn't thought about that bit. But I'd have thought that Fury might want to stick around a bit longer to fully capitalise on being in the best shape of his life, especially with a new coach who's shown he can bring out the best in him.

Fury's new coach has been making noises about retiring as well, funnily enough.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, David said:

Fury's new coach has been making noises about retiring as well, funnily enough.

Now that's odd. Just Googled Sugarhill, he's only in his early 40s. Wonder what prompted that? 

• Paid Members
Just now, SuperBacon said:

Wants to retire and be a Big Bank Hank.

Fair enough, but seems a shame. He's clearly talented, and learned a lot from his uncle. Just seems like he'd have a lot more to contribute.