Wilder vs Fury 2 - Feb 22 šŸ„Š

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

ā€œIā€™m gonna doĀ you some serious ā€˜arm,Ā you BIGĀ STIFF IDIOT!ā€

Even though I couldnā€™t stand Fury aroundĀ that time, I used to use that line on my brother whenever heā€™d annoy me back then.

Also...you are...gettinā€™ it. For sure.Ā 

Bellew did once say, he was willing to die in the ring.

Ā 

Ā 

I have really gone off David Haye over the last few years. Happy to take punters money when he knows his body is fucked for the Bellew fights, talks a good game. But won't back anything up.

3 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

He said ā€œIā€™ll bet ya fiftygrand,Ā ā€˜undredgrandā€;

Ā 

Ā 

I really like Sugar Hill Steward btw.Ā 

There is talk today that Steward may retire, but having watched one of the videos where Steward hints at retirement, it's hard to tell whether he'sĀ fooling around or not. Fury clearly loves the style that Steward teaches and is excited about working with him again.Ā 

I hope their relationship continues, especially if last night is a taster of things to come.Ā 

• Paid Members

Yeah,Ā I like Steward as well. Wasnā€™t familiar with him at all until I watched a couple of interviewsĀ this week but he seems a good guy.Ā 

ā€You proper sausage.ā€Ā 

That interview is from before the fight, by the way.Ā 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

ā€œIā€™m gonna doĀ you some serious ā€˜arm,Ā you BIGĀ STIFF IDIOT!ā€

Even though I couldnā€™t stand Fury aroundĀ that time, I used to use that line on my brother whenever heā€™d annoy me back then.

Also...you are...gettinā€™ it. For sure.Ā 

The general perception of Fury since those old Channel 5/early Boxnation days compared to now is mental when you think about it.

Purely from a fighting point of view, before he beat Klitschko he was widely seen as a bit of a joke. There were Tyson defenders but usually the perception was that he was a big, boring clumsy fucker who once punched himself in the face and got gifted a decision at English level against John frickin' McDermott!. No one would have predicted that in 2020 he would he would creating some kind of legendary heavyweight legacy.

12 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

The general perception of Fury since those old Channel 5/early Boxnation days compared to now is mental when you think about it.

Purely from a fighting point of view, before he beat Klitschko he was widely seen as a bit of a joke. There were Tyson defenders but usually the perception was that he was a big, boring clumsy fucker who once punched himself in the face and got gifted a decision at English level against John frickin' McDermott!. No one would have predicted that in 2020 he would he would creating some kind of legendary heavyweight legacy.

Indeed.Ā David Price was onceĀ considered the better prospect.

Although, Manny Steward knew the score all along.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by jimufctna24

9 hours ago, Loki said:

Heā€™s really not a big fan of gay people is he?

I think Fury has smartened up a little with age, but when you hear hisĀ father talking, and the rest of his brothers and family it's easy to understand why he has those views.Ā 

Let's be honest, he's a hell of a boxer, and deserves respect and admiration for coming back from the depths of hell to do what he did. He's a shining example for anyone with mental health issues. But, if he wasn't a great boxer with incredible athletic genetics he'd be another fucking goon living in Manchester.

I also don't think he's the full shilling, but that's no excuse of course.Ā 

• Paid Members

I think one of Tyson's main issues with the things he says is that he gets excited when there's camera's around and he tends to play up for them, at that point , what he saysĀ depends on what kind of mood he's in.Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

I think one of Tyson's main issues with the things he says is that he gets excited when there's camera's around and he tends to play up for them, at that point , what he saysĀ depends on what kind of mood he's in.Ā 

Nope. He's someone who's been brought up in a bigoted, intolerant environment. Which is ironic considering the grief the travelling community gets. There's no excuse though, no matter how excited he is to see a camera.

• Paid Members

I don't disagree, Steve Bunce says regularly on his podcast that Tyson can be either be a joy or an absolute nightmare to be around depending on his mood, you stick a camera or microphone in front of his face when he's not in a good place and chances are he'll say things he shouldn't.

Haye reacts to the fight:

Ā 

Edited by Egg Shen