Wilder vs Fury 2 - Feb 22 🥊

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

yeh i know, its a great picture though😄 

Rumor is that all is not well in the Fury camp for this. He's coming to this over a stone heavier too which is strange considering he was living in the gym prior to the first fight. Fury is saying its about adding power to his game, but who knows? Fury's also predicting a second round KO which sounds ludicrous. You just never know with Fury.

This fight will come down to how Fury feels heading into the ring. If he's switched-on, focused and remains as such then he's going to win. If he comes in thinking he's going to knock Wilder out, tries showboating, is distracted or is set on trying new things then it could end badly for him.

We all know what Wilder has. He has power in one hand. Fury at his best will outbox him, and perhaps even tire him out to the point where he gets a late stoppage.

What makes Tyson so great is also what can be his undoing. He's a different type of cat mentally.

It's such a fascinating fight.

Fury is like the boxing version of Ronnie O'Sullivan. If he turns up in good shape and mentally switched on throughout, I can't see him losing.

If he's just a little bit out of sorts.....who knows what will happen?

Wilder has the power to put anyone away in a split second but I feel against the very best that won't always be enough.

I had Fury winning the first fight. I hope he wins this one too.

• Paid Members

I love this sort of fight. It's completely unpredictable but no outcome would surprise you either. Wilder catching Fury good early, Fury outboxing him for 12 rounds, another draw, a late knockout, one of them headbutting the other for being called a "dosser" repeatedly. Anything could happen.

Win, lose or draw, I want to see both against AJ too so it's win/win there too.

My money is on Wilder by KO but not much of it.

Edited by tiger_rick

On 2/20/2020 at 8:44 AM, AVM said:

I've heard rumours from a friend who is well connected in the boxing world that Fury is training to fight on the inside. 

If that's true, this could be a hilarious match to watch.

• Paid Members

Both guys weighed in much bigger than the first fight.

Wilder 16st 7lb

Fury 19st 7lb

Fury is 19lb heavier than we fought Otto Wallin last year, and almost 2 stone heavier than when he beat Wlad. Wilder is a career high.

Still heavily leaning towards a Wilder KO.

Edited by Egg Shen

Shit load of money has went onto Wilder in the last 2-3 weeks at the bookies. Fury was as short as 8/13 around Christmas time and it's drifted out to just over even money in some bookies now. Quite a shift.

Really looking forward to it though, biggest HW fight since Lewis v Tyson for me and i've not had this kind of nervous excitement ahead of an event since the Lennox Lewis / WWF PPV heydays of the late 90's & early 00's.

Fancied Fury on points since it was announced but for some reason over the last two weeks i now think he's going to get knocked out. Hope i am wrong.

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, jimufctna24 said:

There was a clip doing the rounds in the week of Tyson shutting down an interviewer who tried to make the fight about race.

Having said that I hought nothing of that A. Davies clip when i first heard it, I just thought it was a poor choice of words, and believed people may have caught onto it after hearing what Tyson has said previously about it. However, i heard another A. Davies interview on Talksport where tried to create this narrative that the rivalry was about race, and how Wilder was representing all African Americans. It made me realise that the above clip probably wasnt as much of a poor choice of words as i'd first believed.

• Paid Members

Now we’re here, I’ve got this bad feeling Wilder wins tonight. As soon as the first fight ended and throughout all the talk of a rematch, I’ve said Tyson beats him. But the closer this has gotten, I’ve just got this nagging feeling that Wilder is going to catch him again and actually stop him this time.

I really hope I’m wrong but there’s too many little things chipping away that I don’t like the sound of with Fury going in for me. Switching up his trainer, in itself isn’t a massive worry. Fury’s no dummy. I don’t think he’d make that decision on a whim. But I liked him and Ben Davison together, it seemed to be going well and we know very little about Steward. Then coming in well over a stone heavier. I get that he wants to avoid going to the judges, so he’s coming for the finish. But I don’t like the sound of it. One of Tyson’s biggest assets is his ability to move so well and get out of the way of his opponent’s danger shots. He’ll still be the vastly superior boxer in there tonight but that extra weight has got to take something away from his movement and speed, hasn’t it? Plus, his style has never been about looking for the stoppage. He’s got where he is by outboxing, frustrating and bamboozling his opponents and if the finish happened to present itself, he took it. But a heavy Tyson going in there looking for the KO against a lethal puncher like Wilder sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

I don’t know. I’m just some nob on a forum. Maybe these moves will pay off and Fury will look like a genius come tomorrow morning. But I’ve just got a gut feeling that Wilder waffles him at some point tonight and I’m not sure he can get up from another one. I hope I’m proven wrong. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, Tyson may pull it off and prove all doubters wrong again. Tyson putting on the weight is going to hamper his greatest assest which is his ability to mix his movement alongside his general awkwardness though. I just dont see it being a positive, any time Tyson has been close to his best he's been much lighter.

Tyson is now just about the same weight as he was when he had his first comeback fight. Keeping his shirt on at the weigh-in wasn't a good sign either, may be nothing but you never know. I got the feeling that this time tomorrow all the talk will be about Tyson's poor camp. I read in the paper today that Andy Lee has admitted in the build up thats he's had to pull Tyson out of pits of depression in the build up to get him back on track, that's very much a different story to the one being told at the press events.

Edited by Egg Shen