Food Rules

Lion_of_the_Midlands

3 minutes ago, gmoney said:

In Chinatown? There's two. I've only been to one of them, and it was a pretty dismal experience. Tiny, packed, hostile staff. It was one of those places that if you try and leave and there's a bit of food on your plate, they will weigh it and charge you for it. They don't give you any spoons either.Ā 

Kingston one used to be all you can eat for Ā£4.50. It couldnā€™t be turned down.

• Paid Members

Mr. Wu's in Chinatown was absolute dross when I went. Every single dish was just sauce, a few poor scraps of meat, and a shit-ton of sliced onions to fill it all out. Rrrrubbish.

2 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Coincidentally actually one of my personal food rules is that I don't eat at buffets. But obviously I wouldn't impose it on anyone else because I'm not mental.

Yeah, you can't force people to a buffet - they have to learn to help themselves

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Surely the attraction of a carvery is that it is quick, or am I doing that wrong as well.Ā 

Do you go to a Carvery on a Tuesday night after 21:00 or something? If you try and go to a Toby on a Sunday for Sunday Dinner, you may as well write the rest of the day off. Itā€™s at least a 3 hour experience, mainly queuingĀ 

8 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

1. You dont have those 3 meats together, in fact more than one meat is unacceptable.Ā 

You've never had the mixed doner and chicken shawarma from Panicos in Chorlton, that would change your mind. Ā The doner, chicken and tikka kebab (where you get asked "Salad or chips") from the Heath Road chippy in Bedworth might not but it's still worth having.

There used to be a guy in my work who's piece would consist of jam and cheese. He nearly always had it in the end bit of a Mother's Pride loaf too, as if he wasted many a loaf by just using the end bit.Ā 

Same guys treat meal, a bowl of soup with a pie sitting in the middle; he ate the pie with a knife and fork, the soup acted as a sauce/gravy.Ā 

Now this is where shit gets weird and unbelievable but 100% true nonetheless. Same guy ate dogfood. He'd swear it was the best of steak at the cheapest of prices. He'd boast about it and ridicule us for spending more money on real food. Guy ate Cesars dog meat with McCain quick chips and claim it was the best steak and chips he'd ever had.Ā 

Just wrong

Edited by LEGIT

• Paid Members

There's a woman in our office who dips a twix in her pot noodle. I'm not sure I can get on board with that. Bread in the pot noodle is ok. The twix in a cup of tea is ok. But mixed together? Am I wrong?

Edited by WeeAl