Food Rules

Lion_of_the_Midlands

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

As for buffets dont get me started. I was at a buffet before Christmas and the sandwiches were all like this. Who the fuck is eating sandwiches like that and who thinks that is acceptable. 

20191218_123907.jpg

Were they ALL like that? I've seen it happen when someone has been making, like, 200 sandwiches and haven't been paying attention when finishing them but it's normally only a couple and I've never seen them actually go out to customers.

If it's a deliberate choice then, aye, it's fucking stupid. What's the point even using two different kinds of bread if you aren't even going to give people a choice between them? It's just being awkward for the sake of it.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Every sandwich was half brown and half white bread? May as well pour your fucking soup all over it...

Also Indian and Chinese food go really well together. You keep living like a repressed food puritan with your arbitrary rules.

EVERY FUCKING SANDWICH!

I fully accept that the rules are arbitrary Chest, even slightly puritanical and I am prepared to admit that in the eyes of some of you it makes me "sit on the porcelain to shit" weird but they are the rules we stick to. 

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

The only rule I've got is never pour soup over the rest of your food like it's a sauce.

This is the first I've heard of people doing this, and it's made me sad.

19 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Definitely fucking not. Why would you do that. I'd never eat chinese and indian food together. 

Because that's how buffets work! It's a free-for-all, and all rules are out the window. You pick up whatever looks good, lob it on your plate, and figure out the rest later.

What's the alternative? Going up to the buffet and getting the two or three bits of Chinese food, then back up for the Indian, then back up for some garlic bread and tiny sausages? You want to get everything in one trip.

Surely it's standard practice to go for at least two meats at a carvery? Beef and gammon for me please. As for the other rules, you use your mash, veg and Yorkshires to create plate sectors so you don't have to get gravy on your cauliflower cheese or your cranberry sauce if you're going turkey.

Edited by cobra_gordo

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

Surely it's standard practice to go for at least two meats at a carvery?

I would imagine so, otherwise why not just get a roast anywhere? Surely the appeal of a carvery is that it gives you license to not just have the one meat.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Does Mr Wu still exist? That was the go to place when we were teens 

In Chinatown? There's two. I've only been to one of them, and it was a pretty dismal experience. Tiny, packed, and hostile staff. It was one of those places that if you try and leave and there's a bit of food on your plate, they will weigh it and charge you for it. They don't give you any spoons either. 

Edited by gmoney