Royal Rumble 2020

tiger_rick

Looking forward to the rumble match. Hope there’s a bit more effort put into it than last years. Have to go with Roman for the big one. Cain to eliminate Brock to set up their Saudi rematch, although my heart says Drew. Doesn’t seem to be many slots left for surprises but I’m going with a returning Velveteen Dream for the NXT spot. Can’t see the likes of Cena and Edge entering just to get lobbed out.

Women’s match is a crapshoot. For me it has to be Sasha Banks to set her up for a Mania spot against Lacey Evans or whoever.

Corbin is beating Roman earlier in the night to set up a rematch for Reign’s Mania spot. The feud will continue forever and ever.

Perversely looking forward to The Fiend match. Bryan will probably save it but it has car crash written all over it. Wyatt’s the likely bet but I’ve a smidgen of hope that the strap stip is to protect him in a loss. The Fiend doesn’t need the belt. Bryan vs Roman is long overdue. A proper Wrestlemania main event match that will do far less damage to Roman than pissing about with The Fiend.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Awards Moderator

According to wikipedia, there’s 3 spots left in the men’s Rumble. Cain would be logical for one, if Velveteen’s fit he’d make sense for another, and an NXT lad who made an impression in November like Lee or Ciampa or maybe Riddle for the third.

I’ve done my best to find time to watch some past Rumbles as I always try to do in January. This year I’ve gone with 1991 (good fun), 1999 (shite) and 2019 (not great but better than I thought second time round).

Reigns vs Corbin to end in a non-finish. Reigns to be dumped in some kind of truck and driven far away from the Rumble. 

To miraculously return to the arena and limp to the ring at nr. 27 and go all SuperCena on Corbin, Ziggler and Roode.

Baszler is winning the Women’s. She beats Charlotte Flair who started at 1.

Edited by LWOLeN

• Paid Members

I’d never even considered a Roman win.  Now I think it’s guaranteed. What a perfect way to punctuate the twelve months of piss-poor booking since returning from cancer, him winning the Royal Rumble to the inevitable boos and/or apathy. Truly full circle.

Edited by Supremo

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I’d never even considered a Roman win.  Now I think it’s guaranteed. What a perfect way to punctuate the twelve months of piss-poor booking since returning from cancer, him winning the Royal Rumble to the inevitable boos and/or apathy. Truly full circle.

Ever since Brock entered the Rumble I've had Roman down for the win, him vs the Fiend under the red lighting to complete silence is there perfect Mania main event all over.

• Paid Members

For anyone that's wondering (like I was) here's this year's card, courtesy of Wikipedia:

Men's Royal Rumble match 30-man Royal Rumble match for a world championship match at WrestleMania 36

Women’s Royal Rumble match 30-woman Royal Rumble match for a women's championship match at WrestleMania 36

"The Fiend" Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Daniel Bryan Strap match for the WWE Universal Championship

Becky Lynch (c) vs. Asuka Singles match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship

Roman Reigns vs. King Corbin Falls Count Anywhere match

Shorty G vs. Sheamus Singles match

Bayley (c) vs. Lacey Evans Singles match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship

Andrade (c) vs. Humberto Carrillo Singles match for the WWE United States Championship

Edited by WeeAl

47 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Hopefully the Andrade and Sheamus matches end up on the pre show, or that has the makings of one long show.

Would be the most sensible, logical way to go.

So watch them chuck Mandy Rose vs. Alexa Bliss and Viking Raiders vs. OC on the pre-show and the rest happens on the main card.

• Paid Members

This will be the first Rumble since I started watching in 2000 that I won't be bothering with. For all my disinterest in the product for the last few years I've always watched the Rumble-Mania season. Previously there was at least some excitement in surprise entries, or having someone in there you hoped wouldn't win. This year is just miserable. I don't care who wins, the released list has killed any intrigue. 

I was talking about it with my mate and we realised nobody has won the Rumble and been made a star from it since Cena/Batista 15 years ago.