Royal Rumble 2020

tiger_rick

32 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I was talking about it with my mate and we realised nobody has won the Rumble and been made a star from it since Cena/Batista 15 years ago.

That sounds awful, but thinking about it... how many wrestlers were made stars by a Rumble win over the years? There's Batista in 2005 and Benoit in 2004... but most Rumble winners over the last 20+ years had already been main eventers, with the Rumble win just adding to their resume.

2003- Brock Lesnar- already a former WWE Champion, 2002- Triple H- multi-time WWE Champion, 2001- Stone Cold- winning his 3rd Rumble, 2000- The Rock- former WWE Champion, hottest star in the company, 1999- Mr McMahon- I mean... his biggest wrestling accolade, for sure., 1998- Stone Cold- already well on the rise, with the big main event level feud with Bret Hart, the main focus of weekly Raws, 1997- Stone Cold- yeah, maybe?, 1995/1996- Shawn Michaels- pre-Boyhood Dream, plus he pioneered the "two feet touching the floor" rule.

So in 25 years we've got maybe 2 or 3 people made a star with a Rumble victory.

• Paid Members

It's a pity they don't have a heel on the cusp because how wonderful would it be to have a proper legend at #30, a Bret, HBK or Hogan, have them do the full entrance and milk the crowd only for an absolute bastard to destroy them and nick the spot. I know it actually happened last year but imagine that scenario if anyone cared.

The Saudi PPV muddys the waters a bit tonight as any big return in this match to confront Brock or whatever is probably leading to that first, hell the way they go on about the Saudi shows being bigger than WrestleMania the winner tonight might even face Brock at that show instead 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Cannibal Man said:

I saw the trailer for that fireman film Cena did and I reckon having seen the response he's picked up the blower with a wipe and asked reverse charges to Connecticut to bag the mystery slot

Your response or the box office response?  Because it was a modest success