2020 Celebrity Death Thread

seph

• Paid Members

I had a slight obsession with Prisoner when I was younger. I might still be on some sort of register after writing to Jim’ll Fix It about combining my two passions at the time - Prisoner and Jason Donovan but that’s another story.

Back last year sometime they had a ‘Prisoner Special’ on Neighbours as Colette Mann (Doreen) and Jackie Woodburne (Julie) are regulars. They had an appearance by Val Lehman (Bea) and had a lot of in-joke lines like someone said, “Oh yeah Paul, he used to give me roses,” and such like. A lot of the cast still pop up in Neighbours from time to time too like Janet Andrewartha (Reb) who’s Lynn Scully and Lesley Baker (Monica) who plays Toadie’s mum. I love that Aussie actors just do the circuit of soaps.

Just found this - the gang back together!

Edited by Monkee

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

I was thinking about Barbara Windsor (RIP) and I don't think I've ever seen her in anything beside Carry On films and Eastenders. 

Straight from the Lance Storm school of tributes.

Babs was an icon. From Carry On right through to before she got Ill. Whilst Eastenders and Carry On will be what she is most known for, it was the little things as well. And she was always a great chat show guest as well. My daughter only knows her from the two Alice films, but the voice is so iconic. What a life she led! National treasure status.

in other news, Zeus has apparently passed away https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/10/tommy-tiny-lister-dead-dies-friday-movies-deebo/?fbclid=IwAR3tZ4aft_apmnfnRuBibfPbR3hg5oiNEuhibAHVTYbUDadyPMVyhwlkuIk

i always thought he was a great character actor. Loved him in Little Nicky!

6 hours ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

I was thinking about Barbara Windsor (RIP) and I don't think I've ever seen her in anything beside Carry On films and Eastenders. 

She was in a fair amount of stuff, but her career did die down in the 80s until the mid nineties when she was in Eastenders. She was Saucy Nancy (perfect character for her) in Wurzel Gummidge and also in It Could Only Happen Here in the 80s.

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

@Old Man JonesisJones is finally getting his way. 

I met him at some meet and great and he spoke very highly of the wrestling, he sounded like he was a big kid who got to live a little dream and have a great time doing it. 

It might have been bollocks but he was more positive talking about his wrestling career than any wrestler I've ever met. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

She was in a fair amount of stuff, but her career did die down in the 80s until the mid nineties when she was in Eastenders. She was Saucy Nancy (perfect character for her) in Wurzel Gummidge and also in It Could Only Happen Here in the 80s.

She was in an episode of Filthy, Rich and Catflap too. The first one, I think. Anyway, I love the Carry Ons so by extension I love her.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I remember seeing her in an episode of Up, Pompeii! when she was a lot younger, playing the senator's son's girlfriend. I'm guessing by this point she'd pretty much established her "brand" via the Carry On films, so was basically playing something similar, which is by no means a bad thing.

RIP.