2020 Celebrity Death Thread

seph

• Paid Members

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54950051

Des O'Connor has died. Honestly thought he had been dead for years.  One of the television greats though, you don't get the same personality and aura off of modern tele folks. Rest in peace. 

Edited by Suplex Sinner

• Paid Members

I hought he'd already passed away as well. Such a varied career, and he always came across as such a warm chap whenever he was on. 

• Paid Members

I think he stepped away from the public eye a few years ago, hence a lot of people putting him in the "didn't realise he was alive" bracket. 

Fucking great innings and definitely a guilty pleasure as an entertainer and presenter. Used to love watching his daytime show with Mel Sykes. 

• Paid Members

They were one of the most underrated TV pairings ever in my opinion. Yes, that's maybe a bit of a bold statement but they had great chemistry and were an easy watch. Very natural like Johnny Vaughan and DVO on the Big Breakfast. Good fun, harmless and better than almost everything else in tele at the time. 

Adding to the stories of Ray Clemence being a lovely bloke:

When our family (of Spurs fans) had a tour of White Hart Lane circa 1987 we met Ray briefly, and my Mum still tells the story to this day of how he shook all our hands and asked all about where we were from. He then shared memories of playing for Scunthorpe and took a photo with my brother & I which we then got printed in an issue of Roy Of The Rovers.

50 minutes ago, dopper said:

When our family (of Spurs fans) had a tour of White Hart Lane circa 1987 we met Ray briefly

That must have been nice as I think you got to the FA Cup final that year as well!

Always preferred him to Shilton and all the nice stories about him justify that. 

• Paid Members

In the 90s, Eric Hall was on every show. He would be considered annoying now by some, but I found him hilarious then.

"Big deals eh? Big deals! Monster Monster f*cking big deals"

I was strangely wondering where he was a few weeks ago.

Edited by bAzTNM#1