LSM Posted November 29, 2020 Posted November 29, 2020 Genuinely gutted about Dave Prowse. I had the pleasure of meeting him many times at comic book conventions. I guess it might depend on your age and fandom as whilst some will know him as The Green Cross Code Man many will know him as the man who played Darth Vader in the original Star Wars trilogy.
Paid Members gmoney Posted November 29, 2020 Paid Members Posted November 29, 2020 My dad once fixed his radio. RIP big man, hope you're picking up AM stations up there.
Keith Houchen Posted November 29, 2020 Posted November 29, 2020 Vader with the Bristolian accent was far scarier.
DavidB6937 Posted November 29, 2020 Posted November 29, 2020 Gutted about Dave. Got to know him well over the past few decades and was always nice to catch up with him and Kenny Baker. Went from being pretty starstruck at first because of them being such iconic characters to genuinely feeling they were more like friends than anything. A very sad day but I'm so glad he got to meet so many fans and share everything with them over the years.
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted November 29, 2020 Awards Moderator Posted November 29, 2020 Very sad news. I got to interview him once for the student newspaper at uni - very pleasant man, friendly to everyone, easy to get on with. RIP.
Paid Members Tommy! Posted November 29, 2020 Paid Members Posted November 29, 2020 Didn't he tour or do spot shows with Queen, dressed as superman carrying Freddie Mercury around on his shoulders? I think it was him but might be mixed up.
DavidB6937 Posted November 29, 2020 Posted November 29, 2020 35 minutes ago, Tommy! said: Didn't he tour or do spot shows with Queen, dressed as superman carrying Freddie Mercury around on his shoulders? I think it was him but might be mixed up. Freddie did a few bits on Vader's shoulders but I think it was a security guard.
Paid Members Tommy! Posted November 29, 2020 Paid Members Posted November 29, 2020 31 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Freddie did a few bits on Vader's shoulders but I think it was a security guard. He did both a vader and superman, 79/80ish tours for the big finish iirc (but I might be off with the dates as he's pre tosh in the below) It wasn't always the same person but I thought it was Dave if he was available.
cobra_gordo Posted November 29, 2020 Posted November 29, 2020 Which is odd because Freddie didn't believe in Peter Pan, Frankenstein or Superman and he didn't like Star Wars.
Paid Members Statto Posted November 29, 2020 Paid Members Posted November 29, 2020 3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said: Freddie did a few bits on Vader's shoulders but I think it was a security guard. A bodyguard by the name of Wally Verson, according to a book I have by Greg Brooks, the band’s archivist.
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted November 29, 2020 Awards Moderator Posted November 29, 2020 Papa Bouba Diop, lung cancer. 42, for fuck’s sake.
Keith Houchen Posted November 29, 2020 Posted November 29, 2020 Not that I’m saying African footballers tend to have odd ages, but I think he was once babysat by Obafemi Martins.
Moderators PowerButchi Posted November 29, 2020 Moderators Posted November 29, 2020 I know I shouldn't laugh but...
Merzbow Posted November 29, 2020 Posted November 29, 2020 Quote Spouse: Mama Bouba Diop Please tell me this is real.
Keith Houchen Posted November 30, 2020 Posted November 30, 2020 Betty Bobbitt who played Judy Bryant in Prisoner Cell Block H has died. Thoughts are with @Mr Lawrence at this time. Lets see what you learned in those massage parlours lassie.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.