2020 Celebrity Death Thread

seph

Genuinely gutted about Dave Prowse. I had the pleasure of meeting him many times at comic book conventions.

I guess it might depend on your age and fandom as whilst some will know him as The Green Cross Code Man many will know him as the man who played Darth Vader in the original Star Wars trilogy.

Gutted about Dave. Got to know him well over the past few decades and was always nice to catch up with him and Kenny Baker. Went from being pretty starstruck at first because of them being such iconic characters to genuinely feeling they were more like friends than anything. A very sad day but I'm so glad he got to meet so many fans and share everything with them over the years.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Freddie did a few bits on Vader's shoulders but I think it was a security guard.

He did both a vader and superman, 79/80ish tours for the big finish iirc (but I might be off with the dates as he's pre tosh in the below) 

It wasn't always the same person but I thought it was Dave if he was available. 

3.bp_.blogspot.comfreddie-mercury-riding-su-fce8f557d3c83574cf99b5b735281e3ee1717d11.jpg

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Freddie did a few bits on Vader's shoulders but I think it was a security guard.

A bodyguard by the name of Wally Verson, according to a book I have by Greg Brooks, the band’s archivist.