How do you watch this guff?

DEF

How do you watch this guff!?!  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I've been watching weekly for 20 years and like many I'm struggling to keep up now we have 9 hours of main show programming every week.

Back on another thread I mentioned how I'm compulsive about make sure I watch everything in order so I don't miss anything.

Which apparently many of you don't do (not unreasonable) so I'm interested in exactly how much you watch week to week on the UKFF.

Edited by DEF

Whatever time allows really, it will change week to week.

Always try and fit Dynamite in, probably because it's still all shiny and new. Smackdown is pretty easy now if I'm having a lazy Saturday morning. Can't tell you the last time I watched a full Raw. tried NWA and AEW Dark aswel but haven't watched either for a few weeks now. NXT occasionally, usually have it on as background viewing if i'm doing something else.

• Paid Members

Week-to-week, next to nothing any more.

I used to watch NXT when I got home from work on a Thursday, since it's no longer uploaded straight to the Network, I have no idea when to expect it any more, so usually end up forgetting. AEW is much the same, perhaps moreso, because it's the only thing I watch on ITV Hub, so it's not an app I'll instinctively log into for lazy watching the way I might use Netflix or iPlayer.

I haven't watched RAW or Smackdown in years.

At the moment, I'm far more likely to throw on a pay-per-view from 1997 than anything up-to-date.

34 minutes ago, DEF said:

I've been watching weekly for 20 years and like many I'm struggling to keep up now we have 9 hours of main show programming every week.

Back on another thread I mentioned how I'm compulsive about make sure I watch everything in order so I don't miss anything.

Which apparently many of you don't do (not unreasonable) so I'm interested in exactly how much you watch week to week on the UKFF.

Similar. I've been watching wrestling for 30 years and this is the first time in my life I don't regularly watch anything.
I have MLW and Impact on series link but will only skip through the shows or have them on as background every few weeks as a catch up.
I cancelled my Sky Sports subscription because I wasnt watching WWE anymore and that was the only reason I had it. I keep up with the reports and watch the odd clip of noteworthy events/matches etc but as far as actually sitting down and watching a full show? Havent done for months.
I attend live shows more regularly than I have in recent years though. 

• Paid Members

I just watch AEW at the moment.

I used to watch every single WWE show without fail for around 10 years straight. Even the Divas season of NXT! I didn't gradually fall out of love with it either. I watched Wrestlemania this year, thought it was dogshit, got incredibly bored during the Raw and Smackdown following it and just stopped. I've caught a few highlights since but nothing has given me the urge to tune in again full-time.

I'll be honest, the whole Ashley Massaro and Saudi shit-show situations this year also left a bad taste in my mouth regarding WWE. Not to the point where I'll swear to never watch again, but just enough for me to think 'AEW will scratch the itch for now'.

Probably be a full-time viewer again once Scarlett Bordeaux debuts.

Edited by Lorne Malvo

• Paid Members

I record Raw, SmackDown and AEW each week and usually try to watch them in small chunks, as and when I find time, before the next week's episode records. Same thing for NXT on the Network. I usually skip through a lot of matches on Raw and SmackDown and only half pay attention to the bits that I don't fast-forward. I just like to keep up to speed with what's happening. 

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I used to watch NXT when I got home from work on a Thursday, since it's no longer uploaded straight to the Network, I have no idea when to expect it any more, so usually end up forgetting. AEW is much the same, perhaps moreso, because it's the only thing I watch on ITV Hub, so it's not an app I'll instinctively log into for lazy watching the way I might use Netflix or iPlayer.

I haven't watched RAW or Smackdown in years.

Same. Thursday was almost set in stone as my 'wrestling night'. I'd finish work, and it'd be NXT, 205 Live, and NXT UK, though not always in that order. Since they've changed up when NXT appears on the Network - I have no idea any more either - I haven't managed to get back into a routine. Usually I'll have caught up by Saturday lunchtime. As for the other two, since NXT has moved about I've found it harder to find time for them too. I haven't seen last week's yet, and as someone who up until now has never missed an episode of 205 Live in three years for god knows what reason, may be a clear sign I've given up.

The two-hour format of current NXT doesn't help. When it was one hour, it was an easy watch. Now it's ... not a chore, exactly, but it feels like a proper commitment and not something that I can watch to kill half an hour.

Not that they've made that any easier since they changed the 'skip 30 seconds' button on the Network to 'skip 10 seconds, but only after you've watched a couple of seconds, or we'll just start it from the same point again'. That 30 seconds button shaved precious minutes off my watch. Get someone in a rest hold? Skip 30 seconds, you're straight into the comeback*. Everyone's down after the dives? Skip 30 seconds, they're getting back to their feet. WWE advert? Skip 30 seconds, it's done. I could do NXT in half an hour, I could do 205 in 15 minutes if I needed to (nobody is ever watching an Ariya Daivari match in full). The 10 second option plus buffering means it almost takes as much time to skim as to watch the thing in full.

Also likewise, Dynamite is the only thing I watch on ITV Hub. When it launched and proclaimed it'd be uploaded on Thursdays at 7pm, I thought, great, that can take the 'NXT slot' in my viewing habits. I should have known not to trust that, because I don't think it's ever been there on a Thursday evening. Again, I'll usually get it watched by Saturday lunchtime, which normally makes me the last person in the AEW thread each week. However, I do have to actively remember it's there.

I try to have seen that week's AEW Dark before I start Dynamite, but since those shows have started creeping up to over an hour, I might have to knock that one on the head as well. 

For PPVs, I watch all the Takeovers, and I'll watch all the RAW/SD ones as well, but I am likely to skim as much as I can. If a PPV takes me more than two hours I'll have to split that over multiple days. If I remember it's happened. Is TLC this weekend? 

I don't watch AEW PPVs.

*only for TV matches. When it's a Takeover I watch in full. Not for RAW/SD PPVs though, they're getting skipped.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

I watch AEW every Thursday morning on my phone in bed before work. I couldn't give a toss about catching Smackdown & RAW, and I'll just catch all the GIFs and news at work anyway.

NXT is one I'm a tad saddened to drop but something had to give and it was Mauro's commentary and their slow production downgrades to being RAW-lite that made that choice for me. Still, if NXT's night became available again I'd happily watch in the morning alá AEW.

I catch everything else (New Japan, GCW, misc indies) as and when I can, or when a big match/event happens. That's slowed down considerably in the traditional post-G1 rest period but I'll be back and more refreshed come January and just in time for Wrestle Kingdom.

Only show I watch week in week out is NWA. Main reason being its only an hour. Also, I personally still enjoy the basic formula and small roster. 

Watched AEWs debut PPV and thought it was garbage. RAW is too long. Not watched Smackdown consistently since the mid 2000s, not to say it's bad I'm just out the habit.

Watching less wrestling now than I ever have. Would like to watch more

8 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I just watch AEW at the moment.

I used to watch every single WWE show without fail for around 10 years straight. Even the Divas season of NXT! I didn't gradually fall out of love with it either. I watched Wrestlemania this year, thought it was dogshit, got incredibly bored during the Raw and Smackdown following it and just stopped. I've caught a few highlights since but nothing has given me the urge to tune in again full-time.

I'll be honest, the whole Ashley Massaro and Saudi shit-show situations this year also left a bad taste in my mouth regarding WWE. Not to the point where I'll swear to never watch again, but just enough for me to think 'AEW will scratch the itch for now'.

Probably be a full-time viewer again once Scarlett Bordeaux debuts.

That part in bold.

Since about 2013-14 my viewing habits have waned little by little each year. This time last year/early this year I was seriously contemplating next year's Mania. Watched this year's, and in that moment realised WWE is not for me any more. I will read through certain results/happenings on here from time to time. But I've not been arsed really since.

Currently, I watch AEW in bursts (each episode), whilst far from perfect it has elements of what I look for in a show. Not a big fan of the flippy-floppy parts. Nor am I really intrigued with the hard-core shit from the last PPV. Dislike the modern wrestling fan and their tastes and the fact wrestling seems to be more catered for them. So can't see me jumping on board with anything proper full time anytime soon.

So to answer, AEW ff in about 45 minutes. Before 2014, RAW and PPVs more often than not. And then pre 2007, probably everything.

Edited by Mikeymike83