WWE Crown Jewel 2019

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

At least with those two facing each other, they’ll definitely be keeping up the tradition of having terrible matches in Saudi Arabia. Two of the worst women wrestlers on the roster who’ve just had a series of bad matches. Haven’t they been teaming lately as well?

I hope former US marine Lacey Evans doesn’t get promo time and does her usual shtick and calls the Arabic people a bunch of nasties. 

1 hour ago, Yakashi said:

I dont know what their obsession with getting natalya on this show is. Youd think theyd send someone that any fan would give one single fuck about. Unless becky and Charlotte dont want to go I guess. 

Natalya, for all the stick she gets, is one of the solid hands of the Women’s division, they were going to use her last time with Alexa as her opponent until it was swerved last minute. Lacey is an utter disaster in the ring but the company seems to like her cos of the military background but I think they trust Nattie to work with her more than say Nikki, Becky or Sasha

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

There’s no question in my mind that this is exactly what they’re going to do.

It's got to be better than them padding for half an hour with the panel etc. I presume they picked Nattie because her outfit is pretty conservative compared to a lot of the others. I just hope they don't trot Lacey out in some military fatigues. 

9 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

An embarrassing way to try and appease some of the criticism for running these shows. I'm glad that most of the feedback I'm witnessing is able to completely see through it.

Where are you seeing coverage of this? I haven’t seen much of it either way yet, apart from when Tyson Fury was announced.

• Paid Members

Barely even that. It's about signalling to the wider world that Saudi Arabia is "liberalising" and "open to business" as they try and prepare themselves for remaining an economic power in a post-oil economy, and they do that by selling the world footage of Saudi families enjoying western entertainment in their propaganda videos. 

6 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Barely even that. It's about signalling to the wider world that Saudi Arabia is "liberalising" and "open to business" as they try and prepare themselves for remaining an economic power in a post-oil economy, and they do that by selling the world footage of Saudi families enjoying western entertainment in their propaganda videos. 

Absolutely. How the western wrestling fan sees it doesn't really come into it. I'd even say that how the average punter in the west sees it doesn't matter either, it's about ticking the boxes that the moneymen paying for the event want ticking. Be it for propaganda, or for networking events (and there is networking going on at these events in a big way. I know of a few individuals who work for quite sizeable tech companies who have been invited to past events), and appealing to potential business partners and so forth by showcasing Saudi as somewhere that is moving with the times.

Both real estate and technology is where they seem to be focusing as far as diversifying from oil. And there's no reason to believe they won't become among the top nations on the planet for those two sectors before long.