Facts that make you feel old

Chilly McFreeze

On 12/16/2019 at 12:29 PM, garynysmon said:

Agreed. Had a few work experience people in recently and every single one had the same thing in common, in that they would literally do anything to avoid having to phone someone, almost begging to just email or text them instead.

I'm in my 30s and will do pretty much anything to avoid phone calls, so it's not just the youth ;)

Edit: As of yesterday I've been posting here for 17 years. That's more than half my life!

Edited by King Mal the Glorious
Feeling even older.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Much was made during Italia 90 of Peter Shilton's mammoth age. He was 40 and heading towards a total of 125 caps for England, a world record at the time.

I was 11 at the time, soaking up as much information as I could about the forthcoming World Cup. He was presented as being of another generation to the other players in the squad, and that's how I viewed him, this impossibly old talisman without whom England would have no chance of success. He just needed to live long enough to play in those matches.

I'm now older than Peter Shilton was then.

He played against Cov shortly after it emerged his wife was shagging about. You could see him visibly laughing as we sang “If you’ve all shagged Tina clap your hands” and won the crowd over as he joined in with the clapping. 

EDIT - Got it wrong, Tina was the woman he was shagging and got done for drunk driving when he crashed with her in his car!

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

Alex Winter (54) & Keanu Reeves (55) are both older now than George Carlin (then 52) was when the first Bill & Ted movie came out. 

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Maybe I need to get a new childhood hero.

Gary Linker; shit himself, never got booked playing football and sold crisps. What's not to aspire to there?

If I ever get to sell crisps I'll consider myself his equal. 

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members

Not a fact necessarily, but seeing all the people on social media getting anxious/excited about trying to getting tickets for a My Chemical Romance reunion gig, when they are a band I was already too old for in their prime, makes me feel ancient.