Facts that make you feel old

Chilly McFreeze

• Paid Members

Inspired by this Richard Osmand Tweet:

https://twitter.com/richardosman/status/1159005124238426112

What time based facts can you use to truly realise how old you are getting? Here's one that I keep thinking about recently that happened this year:

We’re further away from The Beatles ‘Free As A Bird’ reunion than the reunion was from when The Beatles broke up

Edited by Chilly McFreeze

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

If they remade Back to the Future now, part 1 would be set in 1989 and part 2 in 2049

"Hey Kurt, it's your cousin Marvin. Marvin Cobain?" 

"My name is Kylo Ren. I have come down from planet Naboo to tell you to take Lorraine to the prom." 

"alright, future boy: Who's president in 2019?" "Donald Trump." "DONALD TRUMP? THE BOARD GAME GUY?" 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

A wrestling based version might be worth doing but for me thinking that I took the year 2000 as a starting point for watching wrestling and went back 19 years from their it would be 1981 and full on territory days which seemed ancient in 2000 yet The Rock and Triple H is just a far in the past now.

• Paid Members

My best mate of 20 years and I work together. He told me the other day that we've known each other longer than a sizeable portion of the people we work with have been alive. 

• Paid Members

The one that got me was the realisation that there are now people old enough to work, vote, get married, etc. who weren't alive in the 20th Century.

I work with a 19 year old lad. He once said to me “I started watching this show on Netflix last week. Never heard of it before but it’s quite funny. Not sure if you know of it but it’s called Only Fools and Horses. It’s pretty funny, you should check it out”. 

He also told us about how Peter Jackson’s 2005 movie, King Kong, was the first movie he ever saw in the cinema. He found it very scary as he was ONLY 5 YEARS OLD AT THE TIME! 

Hes also never lived in a world without broadband internet.