Facts that make you feel old

Chilly McFreeze

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

I guess that’s why kids these days seem to use telephones by holding in their hand in front of them when talking, and constantly moving it from their mouth to their ear to listen for responses, but constantly going “You wot?”. Like, where has this come from and why do kids seem to think it’s a better way of using a phone than the “traditional” way of holding it to your ear?

A mate at work thinks it's influenced by The Apprentice, where contestants are never shown talking on a phone properly, but instead on loud-speaker with the phone in the palm of their hand hovering near their chests.

• Paid Members

No idea, as I've only seen the show whenever my missus throws it on and I happen to be in the same room. From what I can tell, despite the 'business' setting, it's still the same old reality game show formula. It probably explains the amount of twats who wonder in here thinking they can get by on sheer, brash confidence despite their ineptitude.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

A lad in my office is only about 18 months older than my son.  I'm literally old enough to be his dad.

I'm old enough to be my three youngest half sisters/brother's dad. My eldest half brother is old enough to be my dad. He's older than my mum. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I'm in a similar boat to you @jazzygeofferz. My dad fathered his first child in 1962, and his last in 1999. The only reason it stopped there was because he died. 

I'm slap bang in the middle of 13 of us that we're aware of as he used to drive coaches on the continent so there could be all kinds of bastard half siblings kicking about. I'm my Mum's only child, though. Only found out about 5 years ago. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, TheToeSucker said:

GTA 3 is 18 years old.

GTA Vice City is as old as 1986 was in 2002/

Final Fight is 30 this year. 

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I don't buy christmas presents for them all, it would bankrupt me. 

Likewise. I dread to think how many trees I'd destroy just to get birthday/christmas cards for them and their various children and grandchildren..