Facts that make you feel old

Chilly McFreeze

My wife, who has recently become obsessed with the TV show friends 25 years late pointed out that Jennifer Anniston was now roughly the same age as my manager and another good female friend who is in her mid fifties. Those trouble free days getting random teenage hard-ons over 20 something years old Jen bouncing about on my TV seem further away than ever. 

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Wrasslin said:

Are they the longest running continuous faction in WWE ever? I can't think of anyone close.

Original run of DX? At the end it felt like they'd been around forever.

• Awards Moderator
33 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Original run of DX? At the end it felt like they'd been around forever.

Set up with Michaels, HHH, Rude and Chyna in autumn 1997, final final dregs being X-Pac and Road Dogg in summer 2000, so by my reckoning, that's less than three years.

• Paid Members
Just now, Grecian said:

The Heenan Family? Started in the 80's, but I can't remember when it finished.

Wiki has the WWF iteration as '84 - '93, but that's basically saying that everyone ever managed by Heenan would class as a member of the "Family", so it's not really a faction in the same sense. I wouldn't consider his run with Flair, or with the Narcissist, as being an extension of the Heenan Family at all, so maybe you could make the argument that they lasted from '84 - '90/'91, but it would still be a stretch to consider them a true faction.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Set up with Michaels, HHH, Rude and Chyna in autumn 1997, final final dregs being X-Pac and Road Dogg in summer 2000, so by my reckoning, that's less than three years.

For some reason it felt like from '96 to 2002, and then, of course, I remember they weren't around for the Invasion.

A lot like the nWo - made a big impact, were memorable, but outstayed their welcome in a very short space of time. By the end of the X-Pac/Road Dogg tag team, I just wanted them to fuck off.