Facts that make you feel old

Chilly McFreeze

• 10 months later...
  • Paid Members

Well it's 20 years next month since I played three songs with Green Day and the subsequent media attention that ensued for me and my (school) band at the time. 

Also, 'Umbrella' came on the car radio while I was on holiday and was like that was a BANGER back in the day and upon googling it when I got back to the hotel, 'back in the day: was 13 years ago. 

I have no idea where life has gone. 

• 7 months later...
  • Awards Moderator

When this thread was started, nobody had heard of COVID.

Anyway. Indiana Jones 5 wrapped today which got me thinking: Raiders of the Lost Ark came out in 1981 and was set in 1936 = 45 year gap. 

Remake Raiders today, dial back and you need to set it in... 1977.

I can't get my head around that one. 

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

When this thread was started, nobody had heard of COVID.

Anyway. Indiana Jones 5 wrapped today which got me thinking: Raiders of the Lost Ark came out in 1981 and was set in 1936 = 46 year gap. 

Remake Raiders today, dial back and you need to set it in... 1977.

I can't get my head around that one. 

It’s like Back to the Future. If it was made today Marty would travel back in time to that crazy world of 1992. 

• Awards Moderator
6 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It’s like Back to the Future. If it was made today Marty would travel back in time to that crazy world of 1992. 

Lorraine's dad would drag the telly into the room so he could show them Seinfeld.

• Paid Members

We had this conversation before I think? I did some kind of "hey Kurt, it's your cousin Marvin, Marvin Cobain." gag if memory serves. I'd have to rework it for 1992, how about 

"Hey Adam, it's your cousin Marvin. Marvin Duritz..." as Marty is strumming his way through Mr Jones, or if we're allowing a little more time for the writing and releasing of the song "hey Jonathan, it's your cousin Marvin. Marvin Davies." as Marty is grunting his way through a performance of Blind by Korn on stage. 

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

You said it in this very thread two years ago. Scroll back! 

I'd better start preparing my "Hey Simon, it's your cousin Marvin, Marvin Cowell" joke for when this turns up again in another two years.