WWE 2K20 announcment coming August 5th. First screenshot released!

TheToeSucker

14 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Based on what? A trailer of something that isn’t finished. They’ve been crying for something different for years, or is it just because it’s not their precious No Mercy

I don't see what's wrong with that, a trailer is meant to show up the positives of a game and when the art direction and graphics look this poor it deserves a battering. They should have waited to when it was in a better state before showing it off then.

23 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

This game is already getting battered all over twitter and the other social media channels. 

While people are battering it others seem interested. Something different to what we've had in years. People can shit on it, but it was a 25 second advert just to let you know they are still putting something out. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

It looks great fun in an All Stars kind of way, but this line in IGN's article worries me a bit:

"2K says it’s focusing on “social pick-up-and-play fun” instead of a more traditional wrestling sim"

Makes me wonder if the gameplay might be similar to that shitty version of Fire Pro on the 360 that nobody ever talks about...

The one where they licenced the name and stuck XBox avatars in it? Was pretty awful. 

4 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

It looks great fun in an All Stars kind of way, but this line in IGN's article worries me a bit:

"2K says it’s focusing on “social pick-up-and-play fun” instead of a more traditional wrestling sim"

Makes me wonder if the gameplay might be similar to that shitty version of Fire Pro on the 360 that nobody ever talks about...

I never played that 360 Fire Pro, but from the announcement blurb and the graphics in the trailer, Battlegrounds is a WWE version of this: 

8 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

this sort of game makes sense in the mid-90s, but too few people in modern WWE have iconic enough looks and strong enough gimmicks to be obviously exaggerated and played up in this way. 

Say what you will about the cartoon era, but on screen, Boss Man vs the Mountie vs Doink vs Tatanka looks way more fun than anything from today's lot.

• Paid Members
On 4/28/2020 at 10:03 AM, CavemanLynn said:

Say what you will about the cartoon era, but on screen, Boss Man vs the Mountie vs Doink vs Tatanka looks way more fun than anything from today's lot.

That's exactly what he's saying.

That's what stood out for me with WWE Allstars- the modern wrestlers (Orton, Punk) looked dull as fuck compared to the cartoon era guys. Even the two big Attitude era guys looked boring. Hogan, Warrior, Savage etc looked perfect for that kind of game. They should definitely get as many of the gimmicks in as possible for this.

On 4/28/2020 at 9:53 AM, BomberPat said:

this sort of game makes sense in the mid-90s, but too few people in modern WWE have iconic enough looks and strong enough gimmicks to be obviously exaggerated and played up in this way. 

NBA Playgrounds is based heavily on players from 80s to 00s. If Battlegrounds brings in these old cartoon wrestlers then it will be perfect. 

• 2 weeks later...