WWE 2K20 announcment coming August 5th. First screenshot released!

TheToeSucker

Yeah, I made sure to specify "rose tints" when it comes to my memories of No Mercy; as much as I loved that game, I do occasionally see videos of it or modded versions on Youtube and realise just how sloooooooow it feels.

For a WWE game to cater for multiple styles, the edict would need to go out to acknowledge other companies, which makes sense for WWE not to do. But as you say, they've got so much under their rights umbrella now that they can probably afford to do a bit of that.

Then again, are there any other 'sports' genres that have the same nostalgia fandom that wrestling does? Are there Pro Evo fans pining for a 1970s English Premier League mode, where all the players have had a couple of pints, the ball's made of concrete, and shoulder barges end up in button-mashing elbow-thumping minigames?

Edited by CavemanLynn

1 minute ago, CavemanLynn said:

Yeah, I made sure to specify "rose tints" when it comes to my memories of No Mercy; as much as I loved that game, I do occasionally see videos of it or modded versions on Youtube and realise just how sloooooooow it feels.

For a WWE game to cater for multiple styles, the edict would need to go out to acknowledge other companies, which makes sense for WWE not to do. Then again, as you say, they've got so much under their rights umbrella now that they can probably afford to do a bit of that.

Then again, are there any other 'sports' genres that have the same nostalgia fandom that wrestling does? Are there Pro Evo fans pining for a 1970s English Premier League mode, where all the players have had a couple of pints, the ball's made of concrete, and shoulder barges end up in button-mashing elbow-thumping minigames?

Would the pissed up level help you or hurt you in that mode? 

A Street Fighter-esqe mini game of players chomping on half time oranges would be great, along with a Brian Clough Survival Mode were you have to make it to the illustrious 45th day as Leeds United Manager

Someone mentioned Injustice a few posts back, and thinking about it I wouldn’t be against something like. It wouldn’t be the first time it’s happened, you had Saturday Night Slam Masters on the SNES and 3 Count Bout on the Neo-Geo and there’s probably more that I don’t know about, but it would be something fresh for the current or next generation of consoles. I know they had a 3D fighter (WWE Brawl) planned a few years that got cancelled, but maybe now is the time to try something like that

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Immortals was fine but you didn't have much control, It's a shame there wasn't a full fleshed out console/PC release.

So this is what we're getting, All Stars gameplay with some truly ropey looking character models?

Edited by Merzbow

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Immortals was fine but you didn't have much control, It's a shame there wasn't a full fleshed out console/PC release.

So this is what we're getting, All Stars gameplay with some truly ropey looking character models?

I don't play these games, but I'd buy it just off that image alone. 

If you halved the framerate of the animations, that might actually look really good. It's a cool idea, but at the moment, it looks more like they've just reskinned existing animations. I get it's pretty early and that promo was probably rushed out, but it would be good to see something more of the character's signature stuff rather than just Charlotte's Natural Selection. They should take out some of the excessive All Stars bounce too, to make things feel a bit meatier. Otherwise, colour me intrigued.

Edited by CavemanLynn