WWE 2K20 announcment coming August 5th. First screenshot released!

TheToeSucker

• Paid Members

Not played a WWE game for about 6 years. Are they any good these days or are they just another FIFA/PES where the actual game play has changed little barring a few extra "features"?

Just now, Cod Eye said:

Not played a WWE game for about 6 years. Are they any good these days or are they just another FIFA/PES where the actual game play has changed little barring a few extra "features"?

Pretty much that. They’re alright, but feel very samey and soulless. Six years is probably a good enough gap to give it another go.

They need multiple showcase modes for a start. Missed that w the last game. The commentary needs to be much better. None of this repetitive bullshit. We need names for each move etc. They need to add much more in terms of being able to reverse into different counters. Slow down some sequences to allow the player to change and adapt the move flow. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Eh it'll be last years game with a few things taken out and replaced by things that were in SvR 09 or whatever. The engine will either be sped up or slowed down by 5%.

Always annoying to see a feature added to the game that was in a previous iteration. It'll get pegged as 'ground breaking' and '...for the first time ever!' despite it being in Smackdown 4, and the die-hard 2k fans will use the "Smackdown and SvR aren't in the same series as 2K so it's fine" defense.

I stopped playing WWE games around 2K14, after I got really fucked off at the threadbare gameplay, some shitty mechanics in the multi-man matches and being forced to buy DLC if I wanted to download my favourite indy wank wrestlers.

It's a massive shame, as I had a really fun system for these games in Universe Mode. 

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

What changes would people like to see if you're a regular player?

I’d like the ability to play story mode as a real wrestler. Creating my own player just doesn’t appeal to me in this context. I realise that voice acting could make this problematic, but I’d sooner take a silent protagonist than a custom character.

The ability to batter each other with big rubbery weapons like a spring loaded Cobra, rocket powered sledge hammer, or MizTV camera. 

The ability to summon a massive monster version of yourself to smash your opponents for a limited time.

Playing poker with the APA and racing golf karts with Raven and Kane (Sheriff Austin's quad bike as hidden unlockable, naitch).

The option to twat gobby ringside fans to raise your spirit.

A proper button mashing submission system based on limb damage. Simple.

An emergency free finisher if you parry a move while at nearly zero health.

Day of Reckoning collision detection where you can hit an F5 on a guy and have his legs knock everyone out in a packed Rumble.

Decent foot animation so you don't look like you're constantly moonwalking sideways or holding in a shit.

Basically, anything that isn't the bland, soulless, Buck-mocapped sim we get every year.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

An emergency free finisher if you parry a move while at nearly zero health.

Love this. Has this been implemented yet? Say you're at 5% health and you reverse a strong attack/signature/finisher, you then immediately get the chance to hit your own finisher and end it for the upset victory.

Edited by Accident Prone