WWE 2K20 announcment coming August 5th. First screenshot released!

TheToeSucker

• Paid Members

Becky on the front cover is more sad than anything else. It means one of two things; either the decision was made before Wrestlemania, which highlights just how far her star has fallen since then, or worse still it means they still think she’s a big star and that the Seth and Lacey Evans stuff was some type of success that didn’t completely kill her dead. It’d be absolutely tragic if that were true.

Are there really no big stars from the past left for them to build the game around, like Warrior or Sting?

Showcase mode is following the Women's Evolution, focusing on Charlotte, Becky, Sasha and Bayley.

They're going to be well pissed off if Sasha doesn't come back. It'll be like 2k15 (I think? MIght have been 14) when it followed Punk vs Cena and Punk had already quit.

1 hour ago, Grecian said:

Showcase mode is following the Women's Evolution, focusing on Charlotte, Becky, Sasha and Bayley.

They're going to be well pissed off if Sasha doesn't come back. It'll be like 2k15 (I think? MIght have been 14) when it followed Punk vs Cena and Punk had already quit.

Does anyone actually miss Sasha Banks?

The engine they use for this game looked tired 3 years ago, now it's just decrepit.  The lighting, mapping, just everything about their graphics engine is just awful.  People always give them shit for the models, but the 3d artists aren't to blame, it's the rendering engine.

• Paid Members

I know it’s nothing new since the Goldberg and Sting stuff already proved it years ago, but watching that commercial further emphasises how the 2K guys are ahead of the curve and have a better grasp of what fans want than WWE themselves do. 

That’s exactly how Becky should’ve been portrayed at Raw Reunion, swaggering around as the biggest thing going, mingling with guys like Hogan and Stone Cold. Instead, she’s pissing about with Natalya in a feud no-one cares about.

It was only this week that Austin was putting her over huge in the media, so he clearly has no problem helping give her a rub. One listen of Steve’s podcast and you know he’d be over the moon to get involved with giving someone some proper momentum. 

It was such a waste to have guys like Austin, Flair and Hogan and not use them to solidify Becky as being on their level. I can never really decide if they’ve cooled her off on purpose or if it’s just pure incompetence. Either way though, they should genuinely hire whoever does the 2K stuff as some type of consultant because evidently they’re far more switched on to what works than the guys actually writing the shows.

They really killed Becky's heat when she didn't beat up R-Truth to win the Men's Rumble, tap out Ronda clean at WrestleMania then beat Austin in Saudi Arabia while giving the crown prince the finger and crotch chop...

...or maybe she's just another solid hand who got lucky by breaking her eye socket, providing a great image. A pleasing but unremarkable performer who went ice cold after people lost interest. Oh, and who has terrible taste in men.

1 hour ago, StrongStyle said:

...or maybe she's just another solid hand who got lucky by breaking her eye socket, providing a great image. A pleasing but unremarkable performer who went ice cold after people lost interest. Oh, and who has terrible taste in men.

That of course suggests that her momentum or popularity started there. It didn't. People wanted to get behind her. She got that. She made something out of it. And then the thing we all knew would happen happened - WWE ruined all natural progression by having her booked like shite, especially post Mania.

She's got something. And she has a genuine connection with her fans that Seth could only dream of. I don't think anyone's ever claimed she's the best wrestler in the world or anything. Not at all. But she managed to put herself in a very strong position and WWE have failed to capitalise on it after Ronda's exit. The Man should be easy to book but they overcomplicate things all the time. And have shown little interest in keeping the division's momentum going after Ronda.

For me the whole divas part of the game is just not something I'm excited about at all. It's nothing against anyone but I just can't really get behind women's wrestling I keep trying so hard it's not like I hate it and just don't want to like it but I just can't. 

For me I am hoping maybe we can get a real big diverse mix of rosters....what do people think about possibly having nxt-uk in the game. The brand has been a thing for over 3 years and there is nothing really in the games