WWE 2K20 announcment coming August 5th. First screenshot released!

TheToeSucker

I'm old(school) so i refuse to pay for a videogame that isn't finished, with exception to Travis Strikes Again, so I'd be very turned off by season updates and download exclusives and all that stuff.

Commercially, it's a sound idea, though.

Edited by Whistling Skull

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Have they just imported her model from an older version of the game, like how Capcom would stick the original Morrigan sprite in all their Vs fighting games for about 20 years? That was really jarring in Capcom Fighting Jam.Ā 

All of their models, when compared to all triple A games out there, are tripe. It's incredible how shite the graphics are in 2019. It's surely because there isn't enough time spent on these games, seeing as they knock out a title every year, so the pressure to ensure there is an annual release takes priority. That's my guess anyway.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

All of their models, when compared to all triple A games out there, are tripe. It's incredible how shite the graphics are in 2019. It's surely because there isn't enough time spent on these games, seeing as they knock out a title every year, so the pressure to ensure there is an annual release takes priority. That's my guess anyway.

The NBA game is an annual release as well, from the same publisher and that looks pretty good. Same with FIFA and Pro Evo. I think it's that the devs on the WWE games just save time rehashing the same models.

24 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

The NBA game is an annual release as well, from the same publisher and that looks pretty good. Same with FIFA and Pro Evo. I think it's that the devs on the WWE games just save time rehashing the same models.

FIFA is the wrong game to use as an example here. This year's version features a virtually unplayable career mode and many big name players who have generic facial features rather than a proper scanned one.Ā 

I do agree that 2K should be producing a much better effort on an annual basis than they are though.Ā 

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Ah yes good point. They need a year off to completely overhaul the graphics.

21 minutes ago, MungoChutney said:

FIFA is the wrong game to use as an example here. This year's version features a virtually unplayable career mode and many big name players who have generic facial features rather than a proper scanned one.Ā 

PES may have better graphicsĀ but FIFA still looks much better than WWE, so still a valid example when you consider how shit WWE games look.Ā 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Whistling Skull said:

Developing a well looking video game is expensive. Beyond the cover-art and promotion, they clearly haven't cared if their games are actually up to snuff/innovative since Wrestlemania 2000 for N64.

Ā 

..Yes, No Mercy was supposed to be the greatest game ever, but the european version deletes all of your progress and CAW's periodically. Making it a piece of shit.

They recalled No Mercy and re-issued the cartridge with the bug fixed. I remember buying it on the release dayĀ Friday, returning to HMV on the Monday and then had to wait for the new release a few weeks later.Ā 

53 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

They recalled No Mercy and re-issued the cartridge with the bug fixed. I remember buying it on the release dayĀ Friday, returning to HMV on the Monday and then had to wait for the new release a few weeks later.Ā 

OhĀ goddamnit! Really wishĀ I knew this back then. I have literallyĀ gotten thousands of hours of fun out of WM 2000 and was looking forward to actually put dudes through tables, instead of stabbing them with the jagged edge of a broken one.

That beign said, do NOT travel back in time to inform 16 year old me of the situation. It would have killing Hitler-esque ramifications.

• Paid Members

I've ended up with a copy of both carts for no mercy, although I can't recall how.

The curve on the story mode always felt very steep, a couple of really easy matches it didn't matter if you won or lost then an impossible slog you had to win to continue.

Having recently picked up a PS4 I bought two old 2k WWE games a few years apart, because it's safe to assume they are all much the same with different rosters. Even as a casual fan of wrestling and computer games it's a damning perception to have.

Edited by Tommy!

in my experience, the THQ/AKI games gave you the most value for money when it comes to insane amounts of fun.

WM2000 allowed me to have my partner set an opponent in the electric chair position, on the outside of the ring. I would thenĀ hit a over-the-ringpost Sasuke Special to the outside knocking the opponent off the shoulders, Doomsday style. No coincidence or shitty mapping. The camera actually zooms in for the move and the bump and treats it like a proper doubleteam move. Gets me all emotional just thinking about it.

Did any of you enjoy Super Wrestlermaia on the SNES back in the day? Wacky as it may have been, I rented the shit out of that game.