WWE 2K20 announcment coming August 5th. First screenshot released!

TheToeSucker

Iā€™d be quite happy if a new developer came in and got build a fresh new game from the ground up, even if that meant a 2 year gap.Ā I was planning to skip last years game, but the wife bought it for me for Christmas as she had done the previous year with 2K18.

Every year regular as clockwork you get the tedious ā€œdo No Mercy~!ā€ comments, itā€™s the game equivalent of ā€œjust bring back the attitude eraā€

21 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Love this. Has this been implemented yet? Say you're at 5% health and you reverse a strong attack/signature/finisher, you then immediately get the chance to hit your own finisher and end it for the upset victory.

This has to be combined with a button mashing mini game to get your character to crawl over to the opponent for the arm-draped pin. Thing is, if they kick out, your character is even more fucked. So if you're too far away or just don't fancy it, you can stay down, throw some taunts to fire up your spirit for a punchy mcpuncherson baby face comeback.Ā 

Basically, it's not a wrestling game unless your controller gets destroyed.

I've been watching this very closely and the developers have apparently been working on really giving the series a revamp.Ā  I will buy/pre order this year's if we get a gm mode that everyone has been begging for years for them to put back in. I think a nice up to date wwe version of something like ewr or whatever other simulation games there used to be.Ā 

I think alot of people are pretty sick of the season modes they have been putting in each game for years now it just gets so samey and boring after a while but a big beefy gm mode would really inject something back into the series that has been stale for years now

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I've been watching this very closely and the developers have apparently been working on really giving the series a revamp.Ā  I will buy/pre order this year's if we get a gm mode that everyone has been begging for years for them to put back in. I think a nice up to date wwe version of something like ewr or whatever other simulation games there used to be.Ā 

ļ»æ I think alot of people are pretty sick of the season modes they have been putting in each game for years now it just gets so samey and boring after a while but a big beefy gm mode would really inject something back into the series that has been stale for years now

Thing is, the fun of the EWR/TEW games was the huge database of wrestlers and promotions to choose from, and giving the folk the big promotions would never take a chance on(well, now they would, but not back then) a huge push, etc. With the WWE games, you would be limited to those already under a WWE/WWE development contact, and those under legend contracts. It would get real old, real quick.