WWE 2K20 announcment coming August 5th. First screenshot released!

TheToeSucker

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

IGN gave it a damning 4.3 out of 10. IGN have been up WWE's arse since forever, especially that Greg guy that used to do the character reveals, so this is interesting.Ā 

I find games reviewing really weird. 4.3 out of 10 is damning? This isn't far off Homer Simpson's "lowest rating yet... seven thumbs up".

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I find games reviewing really weird. 4.3 out of 10 is damning? This isn't far off Homer Simpson's "lowest rating yet... seven thumbs up".

Yeah I'd say anything below 6 for IGN isĀ bad news, so 4.3 is horrific. Their one word summary is 'bad'.

It applies with many other scoring methods though. A 4 rating in football is abysmal. Anything from 0-4 might as well be the same.Ā 

12 hours ago, Loki said:

EHbj33UWoAEpf2z.jpg

I really feel for the developers. Ā I've been in this position before with games - an immovable release date and a badly under-tested product. Ā You know that people have been working insane hours just to get it to this stage.

On Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt.1 I worked 12 hour days, 6 days a week for months. Ā I worked 21 days in a row in the weeks before release, sleeping under my desk. And it was still the worst rated game I ever worked on.

Ā 

There's the Vader CAW sorted

• Paid Members

Will they be able to fix matters with patches after release? The deal structure has to be what allows these situations to develop. The onus is on getting something out. Rather than create something worthy of the RRP.

WWF Wrestlemania on the Amiga was similar. It had obviously taken a lot of inspiration from the Technos arcade games. I picked up a copy from WH Smith on release day. Loaded it up and disappointingly found that there was a bug in the game. Which would cause your character to endlessly run across the screen, rendering the game unplayable.Ā Fortunately, I managed to have it exchanged for another title.

Wrestlemania on the Amiga was awful. Seemed like it was rushed together to cash in on the WWF's surge in popularity in the UK in 1991. Saying that, European Rampage that came out a year later was even worse. Ocean had a history of developing licensed games from movie/TV franchises that weren't actually very good.

When did home WWF games start being not shit? I know some people liked the Sculptured Software/Acclaim games in the 16 bit era but I thought they were awful too, Wrestlemania: The Arcade is the first I can remember actually loving.

Oh look at this thing.. the old NES game resold as a plug and play console with the WWE retro logo. Warrior and Ramon replace Hogan and The Mountie for some odd reason. If you live in the US Ebay has them as cheap as $2.00 Buy It Now.

6173XhodcdL._SX425_.jpg

Edited by Merzbow

One of my happiest 16bit memories was wwf royal rumble on the snes in I think 93.Ā 

Got the snes super Mario lost levels console and pack and conned by dad into shelling out about 50 notes for RR.Ā 

Literally played the shit out of itĀ https://youtu.be/5VVT6rYG1nI

Ā 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

The first wrestling game I had was WWF Super Wrestlemania on the Megadrive. Unplayable.

Hell of a theme song though. But yeah, shit game. I hit the Write Off with IRS once and thought I was the man.

• 1 month later...