WWE 2K20 announcment coming August 5th. First screenshot released!

TheToeSucker

• Paid Members

Who actually sits and watches that shit? If two and a half hours of a middle aged bloke ranking character faces in a crap console game is classed as entertainment these days then I'm glad the Youtube thing pretty much passed me by, and if that gets me one of those non-ironic/piss take wanky "OK Boomer" replies then so be it!

1 hour ago, Cod Eye said:

Who actually sits and watches that shit? If two and a half hours of a middle aged bloke ranking character faces in a crap console game is classed as entertainment these days then I'm glad the Youtube thing pretty much passed me by, and if that gets me one of those non-ironic/piss take wanky "OK Boomer" replies then so be it!

On the contrary, shit like this is one of the diminishing number of things that make YouTube beautiful as a platform. All these nerdy, overlong deep dives essentially function the same as weather ambience, 'six hours of vintage Electrolux refrigerator' and the myriad of ASMR content out there. People let it loop on a second screen, have it on in the background or fall asleep to it. The fact that you can, if you want, subject yourself to such brain fuzz is kind of cute, I reckon. Most of us have our own version of it. There's no real good reason for me to watch 1997 episodes of Raw, to be honest. Usually after twenty minutes I remind myself I should be doing something else.

• Paid Members

It's not my bag, but I saw a couple of highlight clips where he is flabbergasted by Becky Lynch's character model (y'know, considering that she's one of the cover stars) which I found pretty funny, and he told a story about interviewing Bret Hart at the 1999 E3, where Bret just talked about how dissatisfied he was with WCW. 

So yeah, 90 seconds of entertainment value there, at least. 

Another of those scary 'how long?!' things, it's now been 12 years since he was sacked (over a Kane & Lynch review, allegedly....) and started Giant Bomb. Sadly it gave him notoriety and name value in that sphere that wasn't warranted and has never been lived up to.

Aha I recognize him now. I used to watch all those video reviews on Gamespot when it seemed like there was only four sites around you could watch videos on. 

Greg Kasavin was the best. 

• Paid Members

Ah, the glory days of video game journalism. Screw Attack used to be the host site of AVGN, I believe. I was on their site constantly back then. Machinima had Steve Here! And Larson, who also have a wrestling podcast that I have no time for but I'm sure is fun.

I don't watch Giant Bomb or any anything like that these days as I only play 2-3 proper AAA games per year, but Jeff Gertsmann always seemed like a funny dude whenever I saw small clips floating around on Twitter.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Machinima had Steve Here! And Larson, who also have a wrestling podcast that I have no time for but I'm sure is fun.

Going In Raw isn't too bad, although it's usually one I listen to when I'm trying to get to sleep. They used to do a weekly thing where they'd made a load of weird CAWs in whatever the WWE game of the moment was and they'd run angles, but always shoot play the game against each other so the angles would often change based on the fact that Steve appeared to be better at the games than Larson and so the person who was supposed to go over wouldn't go over because Larson would end up playing as them. 

Ten For The Win used to be great when they did that show for Machinima. They do a similar thing called the 10 Count on their podcast at the weekends, but because they usually do a daily episode a lot of it is that they trawl "newz" sites and give their take on it.