WWE 2K20 announcment coming August 5th. First screenshot released!

TheToeSucker

There are so few reviews online because 2K haven't sent any review copies out yet. There was a 2K press event where people could play a limited demo, so a few previews appeared last week, but anything that's been posted over the last day or two has been from people who bought the game. Best guess is they're keeping hold of the review copies until the game's been patched, whenever that might happen. Wait til it's fixed, send the review copies out, hopefully get some positive coverage to divert attention away from the dodgy beginnings. Maybe.

18 minutes ago, bigfoote said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-50156033

Some absolute classics in this article...

They manage to cock that right up before the article even starts. The first picture that they "think" is Becky Lynch is a screenshot of a random CAW in create mode, which they would have known if they'd bothered their arses to watch any of the videos. 

EHbj33UWoAEpf2z.jpg

I really feel for the developers.  I've been in this position before with games - an immovable release date and a badly under-tested product.  You know that people have been working insane hours just to get it to this stage.

On Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt.1 I worked 12 hour days, 6 days a week for months.  I worked 21 days in a row in the weeks before release, sleeping under my desk. And it was still the worst rated game I ever worked on.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Loki said:

I really feel for the developers.  I've been in this position before with games - an immovable release date and a badly under-tested product.  You know that people have been working insane hours just to get it to this stage.

Yeah, that's the thing here. They've had to rewrite the game from scratch. They'll clearly have known for weeks if not months that it's shit but there's no way anyone is allowing them another couple of months because that's not what happens with these franchise jobs.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Loki said:

On Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt.1 I worked 12 hour days, 6 days a week for months.  I worked 21 days in a row in the weeks before release, sleeping under my desk. And it was still the worst rated game I ever worked on.

It's bloody awful that this practice has now become the norm and that people working on games are just expected to crunch, no questions asked. I really feel for anyone working in the trenches of a AAA developer.

Having said that, this game is still a work of arse and incompetence from the higher-ups. It's THPS5 and Fallout 76 all over again.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Fallout 76

Nah it's far worse than this. I don't get the massive hate toward Fallout 76, I thought it was alright. Then again, I'm more a casual gamer.

WWE 2K20 on the other hand is going to be unplayable for even casual gamers. It's fucked.

So the review codes went out last night (we got one at work at about 9.30pm) and I managed to have a quick go before bed. I accidentally pressed the button that starts the match while your opponent is still walking down the ramp, so I had to walk around the ring to reach him. Fair enough, no problem, my mistake, let's go. I walked along the bottom of the ring, and the camera slipped down behind the upper balcony so all I could see was two thirds of a black screen, a bit of the balcony railing above it, and a few inches at the top of the screen where the referee's head occasionally appeared when he walked around the top part of the ring. I eventually managed to get back into the ring, and the camera righted itself for a minute or so before constantly dropping down and popping back up over and over and over. It took less than ten seconds from the start of my first match for it to bugger up. Fabulous stuff. Can't wait to play a bit more tonight!