WWE 2K20 announcment coming August 5th. First screenshot released!

TheToeSucker

• Paid Members
On 10/11/2019 at 1:24 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

The gameplay may have left a lot to be desired, but TNA's game had some fantastic graphics. Totally limited experience playing it, but it looked cool

On 10/11/2019 at 1:28 PM, Merzbow said:

The TNA game was hampered by being completely mo-capped, the moves looked amazing but there were only a select few and everyone shared them.

23 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

The TNA game was a first effort though. It was phenomenal for its limitations. A sequel they’d obviously have that engine to build on so could have spent far more time adding more characters and moves. 2K don’t seem to be able to do that year to year. 

The TNA game had some real potential, but Midway was on it's arse and a year away from bankruptcy, so were desperate for some money and decided to release a game that was nowhere near finished. Considering how incomplete it was, it's surprisingly decent. It looks fantastic and the game play is smooth, but it features shockingly low level of variety and options across the board. IIRC, even the career mode ends abruptly.

Edited by ColinBollocks

For me nothing beats Showdown Legends of wrestling  for disappointment. 

The greatest roster ever in a game along with arenas and its so unforgivably shit. 

It's unplayable due to the controls, bugs and generally faulty game code. 

God if someone could recode that and sort the moves out I'd play it now

9 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Yep, the Action Arcade Wresting engine is turgid, no matter how much they bark up the "Look! It's retro like your old games!" tree. 

The state of pro wrestling games is really poor at the moment considering we're meant to be in a pseudo 'boom' period. You've got Fire Pro which is excellent but incredibly niche, the TEW management games that require hours and hours to book a single episode of TV, MDickie pumping out the same games that were barley any fun ten years ago, a handful of permanently half-complete projects from indie developers, mobile apps based on cards and spending cash, and whatever the 2K squad can be arsed to cobble together.

I've been playing Smackdown 2 a lot lately (you can get through a week of career mode whilst taking a dump, it's wonderful) and that game, as well as the four titles that followed it (with the exception of Smackdown 3), managed to balance an easy-to-use wrestling engine, arcade-style mechanics, decent graphics and features that wrestling fans would go nuts for. At some point around the early 10's, WWE decided to fuck all that off and took the easy route due to having no real competition in the area.

May I ask what you are using to play this whilst shitting? Or do you have a toilet in your living room?

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I've said it many times before and will continue to bang the drum for it. WWE All Stars. The only good wrestling game since Here Comes The Pain. SEQUEL NOW.

yeah this game is fantastic and still gets played by me and my lads on the old ps3 a lot.  love the huge oversize characters and could even make half decent caws using it despite the limited mode.  love it.

• Paid Members

A quick investimagate has turned up WWE Immortals. Developed by NetherRealm studios who also do the Mortal Kombat & Injustice games. I'd assume it plays like the Injustice mobile companion game. I think they did some figures based around it? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Immortals

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

It's not a terrible game, just limited and with the typical mobile "free to play" bullshit.

I meant in comparison to All Stars rather then as a game. Would still rather that over 2K tbh. But I think All Stars definetly needed a sequel. As did Legends of Wrestlemania. I remember quite liking that one as well.