WWE 2K20 announcment coming August 5th. First screenshot released!

TheToeSucker

Wouldn't surprise me if this is the first video game Vince has seen in 20 years and he's blown away with how good it looks. Only explanation to how it's been allowed to get to this stage of development.

Kids will be out in the streets playing with stacks of unsold copies like they did with cash during the 20's hyper inflation.

Edited by Undefeated Steak

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

stepped away the simpsons GIF

Soon as I saw that I thought of this.

source.gif

As far as why people keep buying the same hackneyed product year on year its fear of missing out, wanting to play with the latest roster and keep up with their friends online etc. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz
Formatting

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Cutting Edge of Bluntness said:

WWE 2k15 got a bit of flack but surely it can't be as bad as Wrestlemania 21 on the original XBox, that was as glitchy and broken as 2K20 seems to be.

I bought that game for a quid from knock-off Cash Converters, and it wasn't worth the sterling. It was so fiddly and broken that it took me and my mate two hours to complete a Royal Rumble. There were also weird restrictions on what moves you could perform and where. If I recall correctly, the only move you could perform outside the ring was scoop slams, and the only move you could do off ladders was flying axe-handles. It just felt really incomplete and untested.

Where are the reviews for this game? It's available to buy and there are very few reviews with actual scores out there. I understand that 2K can embargo the reviews until the date of release to mask as much negative press as possible, but as far as I can see, none of the regular outlets where I would expect to see  (IGN, Gamespot etc) have a review.

This is surely time to break up with 2K, scrap the tired formula which has basically been built on since Smackdown! on the PSOne and try something completely different. A new console generation is on the way and this is surely the most embarrassing "big game release" of the year. You can only blame the separation from Yukes so much - ultimately, WWE and 2K were disingenuous enough to release this at full price, so it should be judged like any other major release. It's great fun seeing how poorly it is being received, but when you strip away the hilarity and the piss-taking, it's disappointing: I would like for there to be a top quality wrestling game out there. I'd buy it for sure. Just like how I'd like to watch the real WWE product but don't because I find it unrelatable, boring and a farcry from what it should be.

Edited by StrongStyle

They probably have a long arse contract with 2K for these games, could be impossible to get out off if then ever even wanted to. WWE will only care if sales are low but I can imagine this still being a big seller worldwide, although, along with the Switch debacle and now this.. you never know.

WrestleMania 21 wasn't this glitchy. It was just all style, no substance. Those games before Smackdown became cross platform were a minefield, though. 

Raw 2 still has an amazing create an entrance and is a decent snapshot of 2003 WWE. Day of Reckoning is brilliant. Then you have bare bones, why bother stuff like the GameCube WrestleMania games.